Thread: Can anyone tell me the good & bad aspects of TCP/IP?

Can anyone tell me the good & bad aspects of TCP/IP?

That's all...
    Thank you dearly...
    Confusion, will be my epitaph...
    King Crimson - Epitaph

a search in google would give plenty of site to fond info on tcp/ip.
    If you want to know more about the problems with tcp/ip, you can always search for ipv6 wich will be replacing ipv4 to correct its security issues!

I am working on a tutorial on exactly this topic i.e. problems associated with TCP and measures needed to remove them... and will post it as soon as its over.. maybe in another 7-10 days...

Manpreet
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

The main problems with TCP/IP is the way it gets configured by the user (wrong addresses,incorrect subnet masks) also round trip latency and security etc.

In google just put in "problems with TCP/IP" and you will get loads of stuff to read.
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

Taking their advice, you should use google. Also, while at google, search for TCP-IP TextBook. It is a really helpful, informative, and useful e-book/tutorial (it's kind of long and take's a bit to read). Hope this helps.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Since I have a book containing about 900 pages detailing the main aspects of TCP/IP I don't really think there will be space within a post. Anybody here really really good at shorthand??

IPv6 >> How will this affect those with the old protocol? Will we need to update?
    IPv6 >> "IP on steroids?" What are some of the main benefits?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

there are many benefits to ipv6 but the main one is the use of hex for addressing instead of the binary in ipv4 giving us alot more available addresses cos now it uses base 16 instead of base 2.

Just use google you will find load on it it is well documented !
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

Uhm. AFAIK it doesn't use base 16 or anything quite like that, it just has more bits with which to represent addresses, and it makes sense to show it SHORTHAND as hex. Today we could also have IPv4 as 'hex' by using hexidecimal 2-digits instead of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx like we do. It doesn't change the base that's actually used, it's just that people are starting to describe it's sixteen sections (whereas we have four now) in hexidecimal to save time.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thank you all for your replys...
    but I was hoping for a few of it's good points and problems.
    I'm not seeking for indepth information on the topic at the moment!

Well, I actually did some search using google and some other search engines before I made my post, but found too much info, and that's why I'm asking here.
    Confusion, will be my epitaph...
    King Crimson - Epitaph