Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not cool at all

OK Acid you want to be scared (and since this thread is senseless rambling basically anyway)

If this doesn't scare you no Fright Night Thriller will:

A politician from Dade county winning the Presidency on a campaign of creating one national method for accurately tallying votes.

Congress disbanding because they admit that laws are actually passed by the Legislative branch of the gov.

Martha Stewart made president of the Security and Exchange Commission

Bill Gates appointed to head up the Open Source Committee

Arthur Anderson appointed as outside auditor to Social Security and United Way

Saddam Hussein to speak at the UN Council on Tolerance

George Bush to appear right after Saddam at the same council (Jerry Springer is Hosting the council)

Neg me if you want but it is meant in humor, which is more pertinent than this thread has been so far.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

That's whats wrong with society nowadays, there worried about crap that has nothing to do with nothing. Come on, people you know that is it suppose to be scary, and nowadays, people dont get scared on ghosts anymore. They have provide something worse, so your offended, dont go again. Thats whats wrong, people always complaining when something they dont agree with.

What I want to know is what happends when the Ole Viet Nam vet who suffered shell shock and is packing heat but takes his family to that event?
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

What would have been really scarry is someone form the audience was carrying a gun and had started to shoot back at the pseudo sniper! Did they say to leave weapons at the door when you joined? If someone had started shooting at me and I had a gun on me, you can be sure I would have shot back...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

I've heard of these "thriller forests", and to tell you the truth, they disgust me. Trying to tell children that "this" is what God wants them to do in "such-and-such" situation, really now. And that if they did other wise than what was instructed, then they may go to hell. Who are they to tell anyone they are going to hell? Did these people get the message they are relating to the kids straight from God, first hand? No, they didn't, and I wish people would not try and speak for "God" (who ever God may be to you).

These are just people trying to scare kids and teens into believing in God. Being scared into religion is wrong, one should come to it willingly, not out of fear.

Just my thoughts

::Chelle::

The problems I had were the explicit scenes they showed. There was no disclaimer, except what the workers always say at a haunted house or other scary event: Enter At Your Own Risk. My thread has nothing to do with being scared. I think there should have been less explicit scenes. How would you feel if you were in a haunted house type thing and unknowingly there was a simulated abortion? I had no idea about the simulated abortion and then watching it was terrible! I know most of you are probably thinking, well don't watch it then. But it's very difficult not to. The actress getting the "abortion" was a very good actress....her horrified screams of agony sounded so real...I just think that the whole scaring people thing has gone way out of control and this type of place should be shut down, or at least toned down. It was a church sponsored event, I only went for the scare. I ended up with more than I bargained for.
    I love pizza...........Do you?

I'll tell you from experience, you don't scream during an abortion, you scream giving birth. Perhaps the actress is a mother.

Regardless, that scary forest thing was by far the most horrific experience of my life.

Originally posted here by Green Bird
    I've heard of these "thriller forests", and to tell you the truth, they disgust me. Trying to tell children that "this" is what God wants them to do in "such-and-such" situation, really now. And that if they did other wise than what was instructed, then they may go to hell. Who are they to tell anyone they are going to hell? Did these people get the message they are relating to the kids straight from God, first hand? No, they didn't, and I wish people would not try and speak for "God" (who ever God may be to you).

These are just people trying to scare kids and teens into believing in God. Being scared into religion is wrong, one should come to it willingly, not out of fear.

Just my thoughts

I don't think people should be scared into believing in God either, and it's possible some of these "thriller forests" push the envelope a little too much. I've never been to one though. But then again, our actions do have consequences. I think one of Satan's tatics is to try to make us think that sin is no big deal. For example, Satan tries to pass off adultery and fornication as fun, but without showing people the consequences such broken marriages and sexual transmitted diseases such as AIDs. Abortion becomes "making a choice" instead of "ending a life." Satan always presents sin as fun and fulfilling while doing what he can to keep people from thinking of the consequences of their actions.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Being pushed into a religion is a terrible thing. my parents forced me into christianity when i was younger and now i refuse to set foot into a church. the scary forest was sponsored by a church, and i have nothing against christians, just those that try to push religion upon me. i'm happy with who i am and what i've got.