Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not cool at all

I don't think have a fake sniper was right, depending on location. I do think maybe they should have had a disclaimer, but as for their purpose, I wouldn't agree with it. Basically, what Green Bird said, Who are they to tell someone that if you do this, your going here. That isn't right, and unless they are DIRECT messengers from God (Which they probably aren't) then they shouldn't be doing that. Some people may view situations differently and by accepting children, your setting an example for them and this is when they are learning. This is all JMO, but I don't agree with their purpose.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I appreciate all the feedback. I'd like to hear more opinions. Post!! Post!!!Post!!!!
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Why do you think Stephen King is so popular?
    People like scary stories. There's no reason a church
    should not try to combine a little of their moral teaching
    with a fun scary experience.

In fact, this kind of entertainment goes back to the middle ages
    where they had scary plays about demons and hell etc.

Without a little scare once in a while, life would be dull.
    As for the simulated abortion, at least the weren't having
    the real thing.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I think that with the way the world is today, the amounts of violence on TV, movies, all things the population at large craves, that anything that say "Enter at your own risk", is saying and meaning exactly what it says. You may not have enjoyed the "ride" so to speak but it did say a trip to hell, and as I said before, what can you expect.

If you have a problem with it, complain to your church. Tell them that you think it was too extreme. I agree that it sounds as if they were overacting in some areas, as noted
    I'll tell you from experience, you don't scream during an abortion, you scream giving birth. Perhaps the actress is a mother.
    , just to force the reaction they wanted.

Regardless, that scary forest thing was by far the most horrific experience of my life.
    Consider yourself lucky then, average people go through far worse every day and it isn't make believe.

Originally posted here by SodaMoca5
    OK Acid you want to be scared (and since this thread is senseless rambling basically anyway)

If this doesn't scare you no Fright Night Thriller will:

A politician from Dade county winning the Presidency on a campaign of creating one national method for accurately tallying votes.

Congress disbanding because they admit that laws are actually passed by the Legislative branch of the gov.

Martha Stewart made president of the Security and Exchange Commission

Bill Gates appointed to head up the Open Source Committee

Arthur Anderson appointed as outside auditor to Social Security and United Way

Saddam Hussein to speak at the UN Council on Tolerance

George Bush to appear right after Saddam at the same council (Jerry Springer is Hosting the council)

Neg me if you want but it is meant in humor, which is more pertinent than this thread has been so far.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Originally posted here by 1pizzaluvr4u
    The problems I had were the explicit scenes they showed. There was no disclaimer
    you want a disclaimer??? ITS A SCARE SHOW!! going to a fright night and complaining that it was scary is like going to a physical and complaining you got fingers up your ass. you know what? i don't like fingers up my ass any more than the next guy, but it sure is nice to know i won't be eaten alive nuts-first by prostate cancer in the near future, either! And I don't like watching scenes of graphic violence and believing that gunshots outside are a killer coming to get me, but right after that, when i realize I'm gonna live, THAT is the best feeling in the world, and if i can get that without jumping from a plane strapped to a plank of wood, falling face first into a pile of mutilated porpoises, or whatever, I am happy! thats the fun of being a kid, gunshots still scare your dumb ass! "You've been to public school, so I'll assume your already proficient with small arms, so I'll start you off with something a little more advanced." -Bart's drill sargeant, handing him a rocket laucher
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

acid, I appreciate your P.O.V. even though you disagree with me, you made some really valid points.

I'm thinking about closing my thread....I've enjoyed hearing all the replies and P.O.V.'s....should I?

Guys , let's get realistic here.What does being a kid mean to you?To me it simply means to enjoy learning about life.By this I mean to enjoy riding his bycycle,playing games,eating,exploring etc etc...,and do this without being exposed so early in life to all these ugly issues that are out there.Sure they will be exposed to it at some stage but let them enjoy life while they still can.At least then they should be able to distinguish between bad and good.

At least that is what I think God would want us as parents to do to the fullest of our capability.
    Let's protect our children,they are the future of the world to be.I do think we all want the best for our children.

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Right on vman

I think what the church is doing, trying to scare children into believing in god, is HORRIBLE!!!
    I think that most people believe in god because of attrition anyway, but jeez let the children make their own decisions. If i heard something like this in my area, i would protest it like anything! Im for religion, it does a really good thing for the community, but it shouldnt be forced onto people.
    Im in Australia and ive never heard of these scary forest things..........

Originally posted here by vanman
    Guys , let's get realistic here.What does being a kid mean to you?To me it simply means to enjoy learning about life.By this I mean to enjoy riding his bycycle,playing games,eating,exploring etc etc...,and do this without being exposed so early in life to all these ugly issues that are out there.
    and thus contribute to the STAGGERING naivite that plagues young people, the snickers in class directed at the only kid that doesn't know what a "rimjob" is.

Sure they will be exposed to it at some stage but let them enjoy life while they still can.At least then they should be able to distinguish between bad and good.
    how can they distinguish between good and bad if you shelter them from the bad?

At least that is what I think God would want us as parents to do to the fullest of our capability.
    Let's protect our children,they are the future of the world to be.I do think we all want the best for our children.

regards
    v/man
    I like potatoes.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)