Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We reap what we saw..?

We reap what we saw..?

Greetings all,

People I came across a lot of posts which were made in connection with regard to the sensitive issue of raising kids, how they should behave etc… , and I have put together a few things which I feel we should strongly look at.

Let’s think again!!!
    Billy Graham’s daughter was being interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her “How could God let something like that happen?” Regarding the events on September the 11th…And Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response: She said “I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are but for years we have been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman that He is, I believe He calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand that He leaves us alone?

In light of the ongoing situation in our country, terrorist attacks school shootings, etc -Let’s see. Someone said, you better not read the Bible in school …the Bible that says:” Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor like yourself.” And we said OK. Then, Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn’t spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self – esteem (Dr Spocks son committed suicide). And we said, an expert should know what he is talking about. And we said OK.

Then someone said teachers and principles should not discipline our children when they misbehave. And the school administrators said that no faculty member should touch a child when he or she misbehaves because it would mean “bad publicity” and we certainly do not want to be sued. And we said OK.then the entertainment industry said let’s make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence and sex. And let’s record music, which promote’s rape, drugs and murder and even murder, suicide and satanic themes. And we said it is just entertainment, and it has no adverse affect, nobody takes it serious anyway so go right ahead.

Now we are asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they do not know right from wrong, and why it doesn’t bother them to kill strangers, classmates, and themselves. Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough we can figure it out .I think it has a great deal to do with what we reap we saw.

Dear God why didn’t you save the little girl in killed in your classroom?..””Sincerely, Concerned student” Reply!!-“Dear concerned student, I am not allowed in schools.”
    Sincerely God.

Well I thought I should share it with you guys since kids are important and they are the future of the world. All the better reason to do the best we can.

Regards
    V/man
    Practise what you preach.

Yeah

I agree that most if not all of the reasons you gave are some of the reasons society is so messed up.

Also, the fact that Christianity is so descriminated against. They took it out, what will they replace it with? Nothing, obviously...

I know I'm going to step on a lot of toes with this one, but you know what? I don't care. I'm only 19 years old, so many would consider me to still be a part of the youth of the US....

I've been a Christian for many many years. I've attended a very small United Methodist Church for most of my life. Just recently after doing much studying and thinking, I decided to go non-denomination. I believe that if a person is searching for God, then he/she will find God. I believe it doesn't matter what religion he/she is. I also believe that religion shouldn't be forced down a person's throat. A person has to come to their own religious conclusion as to what they believe. They can go to certain churches and be TOLD what they believe. And some people blindly accept it. I'm not saying that by any mean Christianity is perfect-it has many flaws...and so does every other religion in this world in my opinion.

So, I also believe that we should be able to practice our religous ceremonies at any time and place that we feel is necassary. Many current laws make this difficult. One of my old social studies teacher from a very small high school, in a very small apostollec, town kept a bible on his desk in plain view. Anyone could see it from anywhere in the room. We all knew it was there. But it didn't bother us at all that it was there. If we wanted, we could've reported him and tried to get him in trouble, but he could just say that it is there for historic reasons (he is a social studies teacher). Right in front of the main office, there is a plaque with the ten commandments on it. They use the same excuse to get away with it. But it doesn't bother any of us. I don't see why they are making such a big deal out of relgion in school.

On another note, I STRONGLY believe that spanking your children for misbehaving is very wrong. I had a German/English teacher who talked about this subject quite a bit. He never once laid a hand on either of his 2 children. I've met both of them on various occasions and they turned out wonderfully. There are other ways to discipline your children!

Now the subject of music is very touchy. I personally listen to anything and everything except Country, Rap, and R&B. I think that we should not be able to tell artists what they can and cannot write. It is in the Constitution. But that is vioalted every single time a publisher prints a 'Parental Advisory: Explicit Language' label on an album. I think that is rediculous.

Well, now that I said my 2 cents, I'm out.
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

cF_nM

I agree that religion shouldn't be shoved down peoples throats. However, the fact that Christianity is misrepresented and descriminated against in most schools is hard to argue. Yes, religion shouldn't be shoved down someone. But it seems that the public schools constantly shove secular humanism down kids throats. I am speaking of the philosophy of the theory of evolution. Evolutionism can (and has) brought about one of the worst world views that someone can have.

About spanking children. I have no problem with it. Use in moderation yes, but pain is a psychological factor that can be used to make a link between doing something bad, and getting pain. It can form a psychological aversion to say, stealing.

Also, language and portrayed violence is constitutionally legal, but legalities aren't moralities.

Raven...

So, I also believe that we should be able to practice our religous ceremonies at any time and place that we feel is necassary.
    Would you agree with me if I said that religion is a lifestyle? I'm going to assume that you will, Nudism is also a lifestyle. By that logic, shouldn't nudists be allowed to go nude any time and place they feel necessary? I for one don't want to see naked people at my workplace( no offense to our AO nudists )

Back to the topic. IMHO, to each his own. You wanna use the Bible as a reference point to discipline your kids. More power to you. You wanna draw up your own little plans on how to do it, more power to you again. Just dont push your agenda on people who don't want it.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

separation of church and state is a given, its a part of our way of life. All the problems that are attributed to taking religion out of school are misdirecting the blame. its parents! Parents are morally, ethically and legally responsible for the up-bringing of their children.

When we start making them accountable for their children’s actions (and this has begun), is when we'll see a change.

The general population should not have to pay, threw loss of privileges and censorship, for the neglect of a few. Schools should not be held responsible for not teaching the values that should be taught in the home.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob I have to agree fully.If you look at parents behaviour you can often see the reflection in their childrens behaviour.No offense but I have seen it many a time.

regards
    v/man

here is my issue... all religions are misrepresented because some ******* acts wrongly in the name of the said religion. look at muslims. there is nothing wrong with the muslim religion but i know many people who think they are nothing but terrorists. now the problem with society goes beyond religion in school... you could take religion out of schools with out serious reprocussions. but morals must be instilled by parents to there kids. that is the thing. it is the parents job to teach kids. and besides... you can't just have christianity in schools. it is unfair to other religions and to atheists. freedom of religion is a right. if a teacher was a satanist and came into class and performed a ritual, everyine would be up in arms. but how is that different then a christian teacher coming into class and leading the group in a prayer. it is someones beliefs that are being forced on someone else. i am not saying the removal of religion is the right answer. i do not know that there is a right answer, but i am saying that things should be looked at from all sides. and from the side i presented, christianity is not the only answer....
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Guys,all I am saying is that everyone knows for him or herself if they believe or not.That being said,I think everybody who believes in God one way or the other, worships in his or her own way.Be it at home listening to the service on radio or whatever works for you.I would rather sit at home and long to go to church than to sit in church and longing to go home.You then might just as well stay at home.I have seen many people sit in church judging other people's clothing, discussing their private life etc..Yet they are the ones who has to teach our children about religion??I will leave it at that.

I did not mean to offend anybody's believes and the way they practise it, but if I did I apologise.

regards
    v/man

"A society without religion is like a maniac without a gun."

Anonymous

"God has no place within [school] walls just as facts have no place within organized religion!"

Superintendent Chalmers, The Simpsons.