Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carnivore

Children being implanted with tracking devices? Isn't this unconstitutional? I have an idea then... every time a child is implanted with a tracking bug, let's force the parents to have it, too. Somehow I don't think it would be so popular anymore...
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

But it is "for the children."There has been so damn much un-constitutional legislation passed in the name of the children as to be sickening. We have Gun Free School zones in the name of the children... They sure helped at Colmbine didn't they? And most recently they really helped the kid who was shot by the Serial Sniper huh? We have legislation that allows for children to be taken from a home on an anonymous word. But hey... As long as children are safe it is ok to trample the Rights of of their parents and their friends... The last refuge of a despot is in the children... Just look at the closing days of WW II and Hitler... And so much more... Why not Chip our kids just like we do our pets??? End of sarcasm
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Originally posted here by Mahakaal
    Though this is what Carnivore does, but it has been in effect for quite some time now. Every international call that you make is monitored for keywords like Midget mentioned. Mention Allah, or bomb, or President (among countless others), and you can bet your ass someone will be looking at the transcript tomorrow.

i live in south texas close to the border of mexico and i am of hispanic desent.
    what if you make a call to mexico like this "hey wazzup, did you hear about the presidential election. phew mijito(son).....mijo(son) just dropped a bomb(farted). we just finished eating frijoles(beans). ALLAH VERGA (HOLY **** is a nice way to translate that one) the kitchen is on fire!!!

Well Man you are a lot closer to the system then I am... It is housed at Fort Jucia(SP) (WAH-CHEW-KA) and for your post I am sure they picked you up
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

(opinion)eschalon conivore same results

Heres a nice link you may like to investigate on Echelon (carnivore)

http://www.europarl.eu.int/committees/echelon_home.htm

Krang
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

Information gathering and analyst has been and will always be one of the most important part of any power group activities. This has been going on ever since Ugh the cave man followed a rival tribe’s hunter to find a better food source.
    The problems starts when governments start talking about the civic need to sacrifice individual privacy to ensure national security, this normally means that the state is sliding towards a police state. In most cases you can quite simply replace privacy with freedom and you end up with states like Hitler’s Germany, Stalin’s Russia etc. Already today in the democratic world you can be investigate for many different reasons, the wrong combination of words in you private mail, which books you take out from the library, where you decide to spend your holidays and now once again for your religious beliefs. How much longer till 1984.
    Ok the above is a bit alarmist. It should also be said that echelon, carnivore etc have no real effect on most people’s lives. They are useful tools in the fight against crime and terrorism. The major points to consider in my opinion, when discussing such systems are the following.
    1 They are relatively new systems as such they will only become more efficient as technology advances.
    2 They gather the information dynamically in that they respond to key words, voice patterns etc.
    3 Who controls them and to what use is the information gathered put to?
    4 They are contrary to some of the most basic human rights, the freedom of expression and the right to privacy.
    5 What are their possible effects on people’s lives, either in their present form or in their future versions?
    6 What might de done to insure that they are used in ways that best serve the people they are meant to protect and not just the political power of the day.

I am personally against the indiscriminate use of such systems but also that if something is possible it will be done.

Hmm, as an old hat anarchist in the term of information transmission I hate carnivore. But, as that same old hat anarchist I believe that information transmission is public domain. Where does one get the impression that open data transmitted via thousands of privately owned computers is even remotely.... private? WTF: or think of your cordless phones, wireless internet connections, cell phones, wireless headsets, DSL connections etc. It's not private, and never was.

I believe carnivore is wrong, but information transmitted via receptable means is open and free unless YOU make a provision to protect it. Even then it's being transmitted via mechanism that allows for monitoring. Where is the privacy? It's a fallacy. That's a bit of a twist isn't it? Hell my connection to AO right now could be riding over microwave or satellite somewhere. Open and free for anyone to dismantle.

Where Carnivore is wrong, is the government forced probes to be placed INSIDE private organizations for FBI access without control or oversight by the company being probed. Not cool. I don't want to live in a country run by criminals but I don't want a country owned and manipulated by the police either, so carnivore is a bad implementation.