View Poll Results: How many miles do you get per gallon?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between 0 and 12

1 5.88%
  • Between 13 and 22

3 17.65%
  • Between 23 and 35

10 58.82%
  • Greater than 35

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Russia right to use gas?

Question Was Russia right to use gas?

Do you think it was right for the Russians to use gas to help end the theatre siege?

Do you think it saved more people than it killed?

Did they have any other alternative?
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

yea, i think they were right to do it. yes, i think it saved more than it killed. no i dont think they had any alternative, unless you count storming in then having the whole place blown to bits by all the explosives that were in there.

anything else they did would just have resulted in hostages being shot...and lots of them.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

IMO they were doing the right thing.. I can't say that I know all options they may have had, but Im sure that they not did this cause it was a fun thing to do.. I am 100 % sure that they did discuss and think over all options they may have had.

To bad that things like this can happen and Im sad cause of all people suffering from this and other bad things and unjustice wish happens everyday around the world. We do live in a world full of tragic stories .

~micael

I also think they were right to use gas.It would have been great if the problem could have been resolved without any casualties,but as we've all seen recently,in situations like this all someone can be expected to do is try to keep people from being able to detonate bombs and save as many lives as you can.I've searched the net for info on different types of gas and other alternative methods of disabeling people without killing hostages in close proximity,and there really aren't very many good alternatives.You have a choice of less potent things that wouldn't have stopped anyone from detonating their explosives(ie. tear gas),and more potant things that probably would have caused more hostage casualties.
    Just going in and shooting would have likely gotten everyone killed.Doing nothing would have done the same.I think a good method for disabeling terrorists in a mass hostage situation needs to be researched by a joint team of scientists from all countries,so next time there's a similar situation in any country,there's a way to handle the situation with minimal,if any,deaths.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Banned
    i normaly have the majorly opposed oppinion but it looks like mine is the standard here, wow look at that!

the only difference between the job of the soldier and the job of the police or firemen is that the russian soldier has in most cases been drafted. They are expected to risk their lives but not commit suicide. The prisoners were in the hands of suicide bombers. I applaud the russians on a job well done, well not really applaud, more a solemn hand shake or pat on the back.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Kwiep
    Maybe it would be even better if they knew wich gas they used, so that the people who are on the intensive care now can be cured.
    Double Dutch

MAYBE it was ok to use gas ... but why didn't they use gas that HAS been used before instead of using some new gas that they never used before and therefore used a wrong dose ...with catastrophic number of innocent casualties... There only option was to use something like gas but then they should not of taken this opporunity to test out there new gas ....

Just an other excuse for testing bio warfare products in my opinion

So wrong !!
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

MAYBE it was ok to use gas ... but why didn't they use gas that HAS been used before instead of using some new gas that they never used before and therefore used a wrong dose ...with catastrophic number of innocent casualties... There only option was to use something like gas but then they should not of taken this opporunity to test out there new gas ....
    Refer to my previous post for your answer.I haven't yet given up my search for a method that would have been more suitable,but I'm about ready to.As far as I can see,they had a choice of using the gas they used,going with something that wasn't as dibilitating which likely would have gotten everyone killed,or using something stronger which probably would have also killed everyone.

I don't think this was a matter of..."Hey cool we made this new gas lets use it to see what it does."

I think it was more like..."OK we've gone through every possible option,and nothing seems to suit this situation.The one thing that might work is this new gas we've been working on.We haven't had time to fully research the effects of it yet,but from what we can tell this stuff will probably disable the terrorists,and allow our soldiers to go in and get those people the hell out of there without a bunch of bombs blowing them all to pieces."

I think they were right to use gas and, yes, I think they saved more than would have died otherwise. Well over 100 innocent people died, and that's a tragedy. It does sound better though when you say 6 out of 7 innocents survived.

It was a tragedy that averted a larger tragedy, that being all the hostages being blown to kingdom come, which would probably have been the result if they didn't attack.