View Poll Results: How many miles do you get per gallon?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between 0 and 12

1 5.88%
  • Between 13 and 22

3 17.65%
  • Between 23 and 35

10 58.82%
  • Greater than 35

3 17.65%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Russia right to use gas?

Angry WTF?

Uhm, The Russian Police are apparently a bunch of retards with guns. I am a Police Officer and cannot believe that they killed those hostages. One hostage being killed from a police officer is too many. If that situation had occured here in the U.S. we would have handled it without having our own police killing innocent people. We have techology such as thermal imaging equipment (to see where the suspects are), flash bangs, other types of gasses that doesnt kill you, ect. Im sure the Russian police have that technology as well.

I just cant believe over 100 hostages being killed by thier own police. Im thankful to be an American.

Yeah, I agree with the rest of you. I did hear somewhere that the gas was sarin. Anyone else heard that?

BTW I know we're not meant to talk about AP's, but i'm not moaning, just laughing:

me yawns not another post on terrorisim who cares this is a security site not a talk about what ever is on your mind site join usnet if you want to talk **** like this

lol, funny when it's posted in the General Chit Chat Forum, which has the description of "A place to talk about whatever's on your mind"
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

Re: WTF?

Originally posted here by Brad
    Uhm, The Russian Police are apparently a bunch of retards with guns. I am a Police Officer and cannot believe that they killed those hostages. One hostage being killed from a police officer is too many. If that situation had occured here in the U.S. we would have handled it without having our own police killing innocent people. We have techology such as thermal imaging equipment (to see where the suspects are), flash bangs, other types of gasses that doesnt kill you, ect. Im sure the Russian police have that technology as well.

I just cant believe over 100 hostages being killed by thier own police. Im thankful to be an American.
    oh yes, now THAT sounds like a well thougt out plan...lets take these people who are hold up with hostages and bombs straped to everybody than throw in a f'n flash bang! perhaps if the first one going off doesnt cause sombody to blow everyone up, the sound will be enough warning so they can just shoot them all!

you act like it was 3 guys with guns and 15 hostages in 1 room or something. things that work on the small scale like that do NOT always work on the large scale.

infact, all that would really need to be heard is 1 gunman exchainging fire with the cops and *boom* no more building.

Americians(i AM an americian) would have rushed in with our uber-hitech equipment and gotten blown up with the rest of the building. we would all be mourning their deaths right now.

the russians went in, took out all but 2 of the hostage takers, and lost ~14% of the hostages.

not ideal, but certianly not what would have happened if some idiot tossed in a flash bang.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

"took out all but 2 of the hostage takers, and lost ~14% of the hostages."

That's an "interesting" perspective. It's so heartwarming when we can turn people into simple statistics.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Angry ?

Who says to use a flashbang, i was only mentioning some of the equipment we have available. Apparently Russian police arent capable of special ops type stuff. You have to be tested by the doctor before being put under with gas to make sure that yer ass wont die, this situation is totally out of hand. This is just as retarded as the Russian Military and that whole submarine bull ****.

I just totally disagree with the fashion that situation was handled. But then again, who the hell am I to disagree with the Russian police and thier tactics.

I wonder if the 100 or so dead people would agree? What if you had been in that room? Wouldn't have been a little better to use an agent that was safer, they do have them.

Originally posted here by neel
    Maybe it would be even better if they knew wich gas they used, so that the people who are on the intensive care now can be cured.

I'm pretty sure the med's know what gas was used, it's just that we don't. They have stated that it could be a few type's of gase's but I'm not to sure about what they have told the public.
    Space For Rent.. =]

the russians tried in their normal clumsy way to handel it in the best way they could. maybe its time to put the blame where it belongs, on the hostage takers.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

re russia using a new gas

I think it was a controlled experiment. what better way to see and study the effects of that new gas than on the follow up and future care and tracking medically of those that survived ( they know who each and every one of them are) and the also examining the tissues of those who died and why they died. They could have use a older gas whose effects were more predictable Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

I think that Russia had no option but to use the gas. There where around 50 terrorists and I believe at the time of the incident around 600 hostages (please correct me if I am wrong) in a very large building.

This presents a big problem, you can't enter the building and move quick enough to have the upper hand. So a normal assault is out of the question. So bring on the gas, it seems like the only way to deal the problem.

As for the number of lives lost is it worth it, well if this incident puts off another group of terrorists from try something like this then who knows how many lives it will have saved in the future, but you can never give in to terrorists as that would open the flood gates for every Tom, Dick and Harry to have a go, and get what they want.
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"