Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Save Mother Earth

get ur local colleges or schools to help, too. My local college brings in a full truckbed of papers and old books every week, as far as recycling.

get ur local colleges or schools to help, too. My local college brings in a full truckbed of papers and old books every week, as far as recycling.

The trouble is that while our governments (particularly the USA) are owned by big business, whose leaders are greedy and have no interest in anything other than their own bank balance, there will be insufficient political will to do anything about it.

The Kyoto protocol was quite lame, and even then the USA and its fat greedy corporations didn't sign up because they might lose 0.001% of their fat pay cheques...

Even the countries that did sign up are only making a small difference.

Sad really.

The trouble is that while our governments (particularly the USA) are owned by big business, whose leaders are greedy and have no interest in anything other than their own bank balance, there will be insufficient political will to do anything about it.

The Kyoto protocol was quite lame, and even then the USA and its fat greedy corporations didn't sign up because they might lose 0.001% of their fat pay cheques...

Even the countries that did sign up are only making a small difference.

Sad really.

Originally posted here by Striek
    But because oxygen (O^2) is lighter than air it rises. At a specific altitude (I'm not sure which), it stops rising as the air around it becomes lighter too.
    Most of the post is pretty much right, but this is a little off. Air is composed Of a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen and a few other gasses in small amounts. They are all mixed equally and don't seperate out, and least not in the earth's atmosphere (Otherwise, you might have some toruble breathing) The ozone is simply created out of whatever oxygen happens to be up at that altitude.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Originally posted here by Striek
    But because oxygen (O^2) is lighter than air it rises. At a specific altitude (I'm not sure which), it stops rising as the air around it becomes lighter too.
    Most of the post is pretty much right, but this is a little off. Air is composed Of a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen and a few other gasses in small amounts. They are all mixed equally and don't seperate out, and least not in the earth's atmosphere (Otherwise, you might have some toruble breathing) The ozone is simply created out of whatever oxygen happens to be up at that altitude.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Im wiccan (believe it or not but plz dont flame me because of it!) so i naturally believe in taking care of our planet. Although i believe greenpeace and other groups have made the problem seem alot bigger than it is (again plz do not fame me that is just MY opinion and my interpretation of the facts!) i do think blackmask has a very good idea! so maybe if he could organize something or we could all work diligently doing little things WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, again the content of this post is just my opininion not just straight facts.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Im wiccan (believe it or not but plz dont flame me because of it!) so i naturally believe in taking care of our planet. Although i believe greenpeace and other groups have made the problem seem alot bigger than it is (again plz do not fame me that is just MY opinion and my interpretation of the facts!) i do think blackmask has a very good idea! so maybe if he could organize something or we could all work diligently doing little things WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, again the content of this post is just my opininion not just straight facts.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?