Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline.com Sells Visitor Information to Law Enforcement

AntiOnline.com Sells Visitor Information to Law Enforcement

Found this article interesting , what do you guys think?
    http://www.securitynewsportal.com/cg...wone&id=4&op=t
    [shadow]Seek the truth and it will set you free[/shadow]

Old Fart
    Ummmm...already been discussed
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i think that this was already posted , or was something similar . those are just rumors.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=236692

I don't post a lot of things . I came here to learn and you learn more with you mouth shut and your ears open.
    I found this article and thought some would like to see it ....I guess not cause now i get a notice that i am close to being BANNED . well so be it then .
    [shadow]Seek the truth and it will set you free[/shadow]

Black helicopters, big ears in the sky, night vision cameras on the lampposts, and AO spying on it's members.... Get real, Bubba. AO couldn't make a penny gathering info on those of us who visit, it can all be had for free by anyone with a browser. Besides, i'll bet the coffee we have at least fifteen members who go to work in dark suits every day, telling their neighbors they are district salesmen. Just read the linked "story" carefully and try to compare it with the truth and you get an idea of the "quality of reporting". Five'l getcha ten it was probably written by someone who got one of those JP rejection letters suitable for framing!

LOL.What a crock....or maybe not,maybe The Old Man is one of those behavioral scientists that are watching us.j/k.If this article had any truth to it,wouldn't it seem logical that this site would promote hacking/cracking?In the short time I've been here I've seen a pretty large number of people with the intention of using the information on this site for negative/illegal reasons get run out,and that just doesn't quite fit with what the article says about this being a big lab study for law enforcemant to get a handle on "THE HACKER UNDERGROUND"(twilight zone music trails off in the background).
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

selling visitor information

all I have to say is "who knows????? To quote from a radio program of my youth" Only the shadow knows what evil lurks in the heart of man".Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

Heh...so apparently we're members that "are microbes being studied under a microscope for law enforcement purposes."

With all the crap that's been going on around lately here at AO, it's no wonder "hackers" have a bad reputation...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Originally posted here by veritas
    I don't post a lot of things . I came here to learn and you learn more with you mouth shut and your ears open.
    I found this article and thought some would like to see it ....I guess not cause now i get a notice that i am close to being BANNED . well so be it then .
    If they threatned to ban you just because of that article than maybe you hit onto something that might have some truth to it.Generally people tend to only respond with threats when you hit a nerve.If you get banned from this site then everything that JP talks about (freespeech and all) is just a bunch of bullshit and this site doesn't deserve to have you as one of its members.It's interesting how everytime something like this comes up noone even thinks that JP can be envoled in it,eveyone jumps to his( JP's) defense without even knowing if maybe there is some truth to the article.Let's look at some facts:JP is very involed with the FBI and would snitch on anyone here in a hot NY minute.From all of what he has be involed with the feds he just might be an undercover fed, the proof is there why is it so hard for you people to think that JP cant possibly be working with the feds ? from what I have seen and heard from his own mouth that can very much be a fact.
    as a matter a fact I would place a heavy wager that JP works with the feds and that that article is only the tip of it.Bottom line is that JP is to involed with the Feds for me or you just to disregard this info.
    Dont worry about being banned from this site,that can only happen if you dont know how to get back in.
    Banned for speaking the truth or for speaking your point of view is just plain bullshit and shouldn't happen anywhere.

There is a solution to this fed problem,just dont give JP any of your personal info dont fill anything out,dont apply for anything that has anything to do with him and he and his S.S wont be able to lay one interger on you.

Crimina1

First off,it doesn't look like veritas is close to being banned.
    Second,I think he was referring to the gray dot under his name that has since turned green,not a threat someone made.
    Third,if you're doing something illegal,JP has every right to hand that info to the proper authorities if he feels that would be the proper course of action.I wouldn't personnaly do that,but there's nothing wrong with turning in a criminal.
    Finally,noone's jumping to JP's defense.Just stating the fact that it is a little bit rediculous to accuse a site of being for the purpose of monitering the "Hacker Underground" when any time people mention knowingly doing(or thinking of doing) something illegal,people jump all over them.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]