Thread: VPN tunnel between win2k server and linksys

VPN tunnel between win2k server and linksys

I have a Linksys BEFVP41 and Windows 2000 server I'm trying to create a VPN tunnel between using IKE. The Linksys is hooked directly to the internet with a global I.P. The Windows 2000 Server is on a different I.P. global address behind a different Linksys router. I've followed the instructions from here: http://linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=86 and still cannot figure out what's wrong. In the article it briefly mentions that doing this setup on a domain controller would be an issue. After reading around I'm still scratching my head. When I try to connect the tunnel from the Linksys router is says to check my local and remote secure groups, which I've double checked. Any suggestions or anything would be appreciated.

*I should also mentions I've forwarded port 500 udp for IKE on the Linksys router.
    * The Windows 2000 server has a private LAN I.P.

TIA
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for the link, but of course I've already read that.
    I guess I should have addressed specifically what I was wanting help with.
    I'm not too certain about the IPSec policies on the domain controller. I'm not sure how exactly to set them up, since the IPSec policies would conflict or override the local policies.

I have the business edition internet acess from ISP and I've already talked with them in the past about VPN issues and they do support VPNs and IKE.
    The linksys router supports IPSec passthrough or so it says.
    Thanks.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt