Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of this

Unhappy Anyone heard of this

Tonight my virus scan found 2 files of Music search virus when I checked google and the online virus dictionaries I couldnt find any info on this virus. I was wondering if anyone here might have heard about this or know what it is. My virus scanner healed any files that were infected but I want to know more about this so I can prevent anymore infections. Thanks
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Umm could you give the name of the virii that your AV alerted you of. There is that many virii in the wild
    without some more info it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack
    so if you have any more info on the virii that you got post it and i will see what i can do

EDIT: Check your AV software's website if your AV alerted you the website will more than likely have removal instructions.Also did you say the string of virii is called Music search ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Thats the name that came up on the virus scanner I have never heard of a virus called music search but AVG found 2 of them on here and considering AVG had just updated it was kinda strange.

Shakes head..lostit44 you have most insane post I've seen here well lately in about 24 hours. IUt is a security site search archives or at least bother to learn the software you run on Your own computer after all it is Your Computer get some basics first you cannot even give an answer to a ligit question.

User problems are best solved by the end user first admitting shey screwed up and then taking the task not to do it again. You broke your computer want answers yet opt for a post and quick fix? How about not point and click at everything just cause you can? AO is not a answer board for lame newbies unless they at least have gotten to the point to search archives here. Point and click answers are not here, users being responsible and act with manners (well mostly LOL). I'd suggest your ISP's info page not AO Next your Virus Scanner home page
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Its amazing what a bunch of BS that people write when some one asks a question if Palemoon would have read my post he would have seen that I did check out sites trying to find out about this virus and also so that I had healed the infected files. As for going to my virus scanners home page I also did that and it did not have any info. All I was asking for was for some info on this virus not how to fix it I KNOW how to do that and I have set up my virus scanner to fix viruses. No offense but if this is the way people are treated when they ask for info that they need there will be less and less people coming here. I have been a member long before JP upgraded and to be honest I find people are becoming very snobby on this site. Its to bad because this is a good site to get help or at least it use to be.

Site is about people that are or wish to be in Network Security, yeah read your post if you discovered a new viruis then post the details, but to be honest I'd say you set your virus scanner to check stuff you have not understanding of like Heuristics. If what you found is so new then report it to using your viri sanning program usually under "Report" or "Options". Better yet you say you have an infection where is some Binary? I do not wish to offend either but I did not see some very basic facts in your post, so if I am BS then I am but I did not post the thread where is a screen shot, binary code, or viri error message? I'm to lod to fall for cute girr's...lol but a few here those Girrls have my respect cause they present valid stuff!
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

lostit44,

I've been looking around and have found very minimal information on a Trojan Horse called musicsearch. Some of the discussion points to the possability that this may be a false positive found by AVG, but nothing definate. I can not find any post information about any scanner but AVG finding the musicssearch virus.

You can find some info here (not a lot of help on what it is, but enough to know others are seeing the same thing)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=tr...UTF-8&filter=0

There is also a screen shot someone posted of AVG finding musicsearch here, (you have to scroll down a little or do a find for music to see the post)

http://blogged.the-protagonist.net/index.php?cat=1

If I find any further info I will pass it along to you
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

Thanks magnoon thats all I was asking . The sites at least gave me more info on what was found.

I assume you use KaZaa or something similar, and I don't want to sound rude but when you are downloading music through any p2p program it is quite easy for people to attach a virus or a trigger that makes your machine run something when you open that particular file. It is always good to scan your Downloads folder every few hours after you have been downloading music or anything else.

I contracted the Music Search virus/spyware a month or so ago, and every time I booted up there was the same task in task manager and I could find no purpose for it, I looked around and found that it was running out of my Downloads folder, but I had no programs installed in that folder, so I scanned the folder and sure enough, I had 7 files infected with it. I can't remember what the task was but it was about the middle of the list immediately after boot up, and it doesn't use much memory so it's rather inconspicuous. I'm sorry I can't provide you with any links or any great ways to prevent yourself from getting it other than scanning your Downloads folder often.

Hope you can keep yourself free of that pesky thing.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

The strangest thing is no I do not use KaZaa or any programs like that but my daughter went to mp3media world to listen to to music on line and from what I can gather this is how I got infected with it. Needless to say that site is off limits now. I want to thank everyone who helped and the sites that magnoon relates to do have a little info on this trojan enough at least to know how and what music search is.