Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UK AO'ers meet.

ok look i hate bitching about aps but this time something has to be said to justify this posts presence.....

someone gave negs saying this thread should have been done in a private confrence...which i suppouse we could have done - but then how would peps have found out about it?? we would have had to invite peps to come read about it - now i dunno about everyone else but i think this kind of meeting should be open to who-se-ever wants to attend not just to those select few choosen to be invited to the private thread.

so please think before you make comments about where things belong....
    if 2 peps were arranging to meet or even just 3 friends from AO then yes a public forum would b a stupid place to discuss it - but as this meeting is open to EVERYONE at AO don't you think that everyone should have a chance to read it???

so next time place put some thought into your comments and remember to stay quite and have people think your stupid is preferable to opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

oh and on a completly different note.....

preep > np mate glad the links helped someone out

v_Ln

It's a gas!
    Dont like whining myself but the little bitch that negged me saying
    this uk thread is messed up, do it in a frickin private conference
    Can you please just not bother posting if its so 'messed up'!

You fking tit!

r3b00+

Count me in!!!!

just 1 point ho ... is London really that central???

Its central as far as travel links go ! which is what i meant.

Originally posted here by redgore
    Its central as far as travel links go ! which is what i meant.
    You were the one who decided where the dome should go, weren't you ????

hehehehe

As I said .... Count me in, i'll be the geek in the jeans, and slashdot t-shirt.

ok so we have dates.....15th/16th yeah??
    we have a place...london
    now all we need is a venue - am thinking if we have several different places to meet for different times

so no matter what time people are arriving they will know where we will be
    plus it means that those who arrive early on won't have to sit in same place all day

anyone got any ideas??

v_Ln

Valhallen and reb00+ .... all I can say about the negs is I'm glad to see that I wasn't alone in recieving exactly this message...

<edit> I know I'm a bit late on this bit.. only just got home from sorting out stuff at work </edit>

as for meeting... 15/16 Feb London ... looks like we're all agreed on this. As for places..... well picadilly circus is always a trad meeting place for 'dodgy' dealings... can we include a 'geek-fest' <ahem g/f words not mine> in such activities?? Maybe start there at a particular time in the morning and move on with the intention of being in particularly well known spots at certain times for say 30mins so peeps can meet with us.

It's either going to be that or some folks start distributing their mobile phone numbers (by PM of course)... unless anyone has a better idea..... Lady, Redgore, anyone else?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I think a combination of the roving meet + a published mobile number is a good one.

I have a stack of old pay-as-you-go-sims, and will volunteer to coordinate the phone bit, if no one else wants to do the job.

May I also suggest that the science museum is a great place for geeks to meet.

we still got plenty of time to organise venues - what we really need is someone from london who can give u some good recomendations....as for me i should be easy to find.....

couldn't be too many pubs who are constantly on the news on the feb 15 cause police are flocking to the scene as some irish guy dances on tables and sings about how geeks will rul the world - while bitchin about how shots are 25ml's when ours are 35ml - hehe

v_Ln

It's a gas!
    lmfao
    personally i dont wanna be going to no museum, or anything like that.
    If im making the effort to get to london, im gonna make the most of it.

Like do some sociable drinking, follwed by a bite to eat, then maybe another wee drink, followed by a quick burger and to top it off a copious amount of vodka and red bull!

Sorry, drifted off there for a sec...

r3b00+