Thread: Another heads up for KaZaA users!

It's a gas!

Another heads up for KaZaA users!

Hi Guys

A new worm seems to be doing the rounds on KaZaA's file sharing network!

W32.Hobble.H@mm is a mass-mailing worm that replicates by email and attempts to spread across the KaZaA file-sharing network. It also attempts to terminate the processes of various security related programs.
    Full details found HERE

Hope nobody gets bitten!

Cheers

r3b00+

In your profile you should set as your occupation and work experience reporter. Thankz here again, i started use again KaZaA because i have Norton Antivirus 2003 and i knew about Benjamin (whatever it was called) the first KaZaA virus and i'm thinking of stopping using it.

Originally posted here by ii-monk
    In your profile you should set as your occupation and work experience reporter. Thankz here again, i started use again KaZaA because i have Norton Antivirus 2003 and i knew about Benjamin (whatever it was called) the first KaZaA virus and i'm thinking of stopping using it.
    ii-monk, by no means, that wasn't the first Kazaa virus. There are hundreds if not thousands of Kazaa virii/worms out there to say that any one would be the first one. Like I've said, this is more proof (the new worm) to rarely use p2p programs (or don't use them at all?) and if you have to or REALLY want to, then to scan EVERY file you download before opening it. These p2p programs seem to be causing quite a few problems in the Security field, some might say it's a security risk in it's own.
    Space For Rent.. =]

It's a gas!
    Just keeping the community up to speed with the latest threats!

Doing my duty as an AO member

Keep safe

r3b00+

Originally posted here by r3b00+
    Just keeping the community up to speed with the latest threats!

Doing my duty as an AO member

Keep safe

r3b00+
    Thanks for the heads up......................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Yes it seems as if it another "anti-war" worm.

I must admit I use Kazaa; however I dont play games when it comes to virii. If you have Norton AV like me, I definetely recommend using the "Intelligent Updater," which updates your system to the latest definitions. This is better than LiveUpdate because you dont have to wait until Wednesday to recieve the update.

Heres the link: http://securityresponse.symantec.com....download.html
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Message Body: all we are saying, is give peace a chance. no to war and terrorism.

"I like the message" :-)

But i do not condone virii, worms, etc...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...