View Poll Results: Is Social Engeneering Dead?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it\'s dying out as a tool (people are getting wiser)

6 16.67%
  • No, it\'s the same as before (people are still dumb)

17 47.22%
  • No, it\'s actually getting worse & easier (people are getting dumber & aren\'t too quick)

13 36.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would You Pay A Monthly Subscription Fee?

I would pay a fee simmilar to that of the magazines I subscribe to ( about $50 a year I pay for EOS (a belgian magazine that cooperates with the scientific american magazine) )

But no more..

so per month that'd be something like $4.20 but I think you shouldn't charge monthly

And what would we be thinking about as "premium members" ??

a premium members forum ?? (not me, I'm hardly ever in addicts forum either)

no adds (ehm we have no adds now )

more DB functions and editorials (compressed stuff, filtering options, extracts of threads) ?? ( would be hard !! )

Immunity ?? (not fair, sometimes I deserve the negs I get )
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

If I could look at the 10 dollar bill and say I'd be happier without the money.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

as every body said
    pay = service
    and surfing a site doesn't count as a service theses days !
    there should be something else.

i think we should all think about a good way to get some income for the site.
    that what JP seems to be doing
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

There is a price for everything in life. You would go out and think nothing of buying whatever it was pleased your fancy or for your computer. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people who are good at what they do. No one really knows his reasons for leaving except him alone and I am sure he will do whatever he perceives to be the right thing for himself in the end. The only other solution would be to allow advertising and I hope he stays. Auntie
    For hundreds of years the brain was physically capable of the thoughts of a Galelio or an Aristotle among people who had not yet learned to count to ten. Much of that equipment is still unused and waiting.

JP I will Not pay . I many of the AO user will not pay . By asking user to pay for website your are kill the basic resone for the creation of Internet i.e resoure and informaton sharing.Besides all the things on this site is " By Geeks " and "For The Geeks". JP please re thinck on your idea????

Originally posted here by SeanRager
    JP I will Not pay . I many of the AO user will not pay . By asking user to pay for website your are kill the basic resone for the creation of Internet i.e resoure and informaton sharing.Besides all the things on this site is " By Geeks " and "For The Geeks". JP please re thinck on your idea????
    SeanRager, Antionline has evolved over the years from a simple webpage/forum for Geeks into a full fledged business. As with any business it needs to be able to generate revenue to survive. If JP needs to increase revenue he must explore all methods of doing it and I believe that's all he's doing here is exploring. He has also posted other suggestions for increasing revenue, he's is testing the waters, it is, after all his business (right now) he needs to manage it. Charging for a service is not an uncommon practice and I believe, if the value is there, people will be willing to pay. IMHO

Cheers:
    DjM

I agree with most folks here, IM still at the beginning stages of learnin somevery intresting stuff. It would have to be some very good services. I'd simply go elsewhere. there are enough resources for me to look at so far without having to pay.

Sorry, JP, I don't have the money to be able to pay for this. Plus, i don't trust the security of any "pay-online" service. No offence, but there is nothing on this site that i would pay for and that i couldn't find elsewhere. It is nice to be able to find it in one place though. If this site went to subscription based, i would have to not come here anymore
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

no, i would pay cause i think that we should keep knowledge free
    I don\'t wanna grow up change my skateboard for a tie