View Poll Results: Best P2P u have used?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • kaZaa

8 88.89%
  • Morpheus

1 11.11%
  • Nutella

0 0%
  • Aimster

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had the choice.

Banned

If you had the choice.

Greetings All:

If you had the choice, would you most like to see:

1. AntiOnline sold to a compitant 3rd party, and have everything stay how it is for the most part.
    2. AntiOnline stay put, but with more advertising from third-parties on the site.
    3. AntiOnline stay put, with no advertising, but a monthly subscription fee.
    4. AntiOnline stay put, with some advertising, and a monthly subscription fee for premium content/services only.

Thoughts, discussions?

Considering all these choices, if this site was run by a 3rd party you will always risk everything changing. Losing some of the FAQ's or Tutorials due to lack of space or whatever.

Advertising always turns into some form of ungodly popup action and slower loading time, but will make ends meet.

Stay put with no advertising but a fee. Depending on the fee, I myself would pay for the information i get and help from others. But then I would be more wanting for you to get rid of the AP system because if I was paying for the site I wouldnt want to get banned. Maybe have to setup some form of moderators similar to the AP system (not really sure what).

Choice 4. Seems like it would be the best being that even those ppl that arent willing to pay would still be able to voice their opinions and help end users (like me ) out in sticky situations. I havent been a member long but have used the site as a guest for a long time, and really like what you have done and where you have gone with it and would hate for you to sell it off but I understand how the circle of life revolves and how you might want to focus on other things in your life. So thank you either way
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I'd choose number 1 for the simple reason that I don't think I or anyone else is ready for the site to be changed or anything of the like, I like it the way it is right now (except the kiddies part ) and I would want it to stay like it is. This ofcourse is JMHO.
    Space For Rent.. =]

more advertising is my choice although the poll is mucking up and not letting me vote !!!! Id be willing to sacrifice part of my screen to ads if it means that the site remains !

I would also go for the first one.After all you desighned it pretty good I would say
    Practise what you preach.

I'll just talk about the last three options

AntiOnline stay put, but with more advertising from third-parties on the site
    Since I have ad-blocking on, I never realized there were ads/banners until it showed up in my earned site benefits. That would be the ideal solution, but that again depends on exactly how your revenue is generated (click-based or whatever). And even if I didn't have ad-blocking, I really wouldn't care as long as they didnt hamper my site browsing too much.

AntiOnline stay put, with no advertising, but a monthly subscription fee
    That depends on how much AO decides to charge. There might be security sites out there that charge a subscription fee, but I personally haven't come across one. I think that might drive traffic away from the site.

AntiOnline stay put, with some advertising, and a monthly subscription fee for premium content/services only
    What exactly are you referring to when you say premium content/services?
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Developer Extraordinar
    Hm...well, I'd have to go with... the first one ONLY IF it stayed the same. Or, maybe some very small changes for the better. (Not saying that there is anything wrong with the site, I'm just saying...). But if it came down to selling to a third party, and it would change, or it stayed the same with ads, I'd pick 2.

-MicroBurn

er0k
    JP just dump the site, we will move on. sell it for your better interest and go. dont worry about us.

i figured

AntiOnline stay put, with some advertising, and a monthly subscription fee for premium content/services only
    because you want to bring people to the site and an initial fee would drive potential customers away. get them hooked, then charge for the extras. i would. however, like to see some more features worth paying a little more for. brainstorming session.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

i would prefer the site to stay as is, but if necessary then ads would be ok, as long as they dont go overboard ( like Yahoo!). I dont think paying is a good idea with all the free security sites out there, this would not be as successful.
    kNoWLeDgE