Thread: Looking For Help Bypassing Spa

Post Looking For Help Bypassing Spa

I have been trying to figure out how to bypas an SPA "secure password authentication"
    connector on the back of a system I am working on. some people call it a "doggle", it basically keeps one from useing certain software, and seems to check back freqeuntly, even after the system boots. has anyone ever messed around with these? and is there any hope for getting past it ?

i know not what you talk of, perhaps you should state your intentions if you want to get serious responces.
    is it your system?
    it basically keeps one from useing certain software
    what kind of software? seemingly it does what it was designed to do.

etcetra
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Post more specific

Ok you want specifics: It is a computor ay work, I work in a parts department, and we use it for looking up parts, the company we rent the software from "ucs"wants to charge us more money to set up another node on the network, and they use these "SPA" connectors on the back, they plug into a serial port, when we boot the system, our software opens, then looks for an serial # / "secure software authentication" which it gets from this serial port connector, once it gets it, then it allows us to use the software.

ok, cracking/patching/messing_with the software is illegal, period.
    i get the impression that your company has to pay, not you, i wouldn't have a problem with this.
    will the software continue to run if you take out the SPA? and boot the other node using it?
    or make your own serial (rs232) "double adapter" cable. ie, plug the SPA into one end, and plug the other two ends into the two nodes.
    this is probably illegal too though.
    just let your company dish out the dosh. its what makes the industrial wheels go round
    anyway, i don't know what im talking about, so,
    best of luck...
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Wow that's rough I can feel your pain at having to pay more for the same thing. I once went to a parts department to buy a part for my car and decided that I should have two of them. They had the audacity to charge me for the second part. Come on I already paid for the first part and the second one was identical why the heck should I pay for it. Them darn parts guys always ripping people off.
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.