Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Games

Hacking Games

Way back in the day.....about a year ago, I did some hacking challanges....legal hacking games, and a few day's I told every one in my Computing class, and now I'v been asked to show them one....only I can't remember the one I was at, think it was Area-6 or somehting like that......
    Any way...I googeld it, and many other phrases and found nothing.....so I turn to you my friends...
    Does any one know of any good ones that are acctualy a bit of a challenge?

Well, Tanx in advance....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

is the class full of newbies? If so, you may want to have them start somewhere like try2hack.

I say this just because it will get you started thinking like a hacker and thinking about ways to bypass their "security".

Or, what about hackerslab?

or the games cyberarmy has?

just a couple of ideas.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yeah, hackerslab.org is a good one. It is legal, and its just a challenge no harm is being done to anybodies computer. I tried it once, but couldnt get past level5, I think they will like.

http://www.networkpunk.com/ perhaps? Click on "The Challange". I have not looked to far into it so I am not sure how good it is. Worth a look.

You can try http://www.ngsec.com there is 2 challenges of 10 levels or http://www.mod-x.co.uk where there is 8 levels (This one is harder than ngsec)

Kwiep
    Area-6 is now Netstat.org, if yer still looking for that one.
    Double Dutch

Hey...tanx..I was wondering where that was....lol....was so much fun....oh well....tanx again

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Question

Has anyone of you tried out ngsec?

Since level one was very obvious, I'm stuck at level2. You need to do a "HTTP_REFERER" spoof. This should be done by telneting to their server, using the get command to view the host address (i guess?), followed by "referer: http://www.hostame.com"
    Then you should be able to login through the web interface, if you know the login and passwd.
    Login and passwd are supposedly the same as in level1.

Only prob: it doesn't work.
    What am I overlooking here?

Tx guys.

or u could fake the cookie......

Heh sparkant, I was just about to post the same question. With you, can you even telnet to the server? I can't, I use port 80 b/c its the net port but it fails to connect?

Noia, as far as faking the cookie I am lost.

Am I just being dumb, misread something on the recommended reading???
    A lil' help please...
    Thanks

--Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...