Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS2 or XBOX

Question PS2 or XBOX

I own a PS2 and am considering selling it and getting an XBOX. I heard that most of the better games comming out are going to be on it. Is this true? Got any advise/sudgestions?

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    check this out, this should help.

http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_vs_ps2_vs_gamecube.php
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

I recommand that you get an XBOX, because Halo 2 is coming out. I think XBOX was made for that game. It is a good game, and i also recommend that you play the first one, before the second one comes out. -Ebo

If you want a Video Game Console, buy a GameCube. If you want a Home Entertainment System, buy an XBox. That's JMHO btw.

EDIT: My reasoning is simple: Xbox is more meant to burn CD's, listen to CD's, and play DVD's then it is video games. The Xbox's only million seller is Halo so far. GameCube has multiple million sellers, as well as PS2. Oh, and if it's between PS2 and XBox, DEFINITELY get the PS2. You shouldn't buy a system because it has one decent game to it. Then again, whatever float's your boat.
    Space For Rent.. =]

It depends on what you like.Xbox has few games but look at how much longer ps2 has been out.I think go for xbox for xbox live.Yes ps2 has online but with worse graphics plus they dont have halo,halo2,and unreal championship.They both have dvd players but the ps2s dvd has been known to mess up a little bit.I think get a xbox and for the long run.It will unload alot of games pretty soon.

well like programmer said it depends on what you like. at the moment PS2 is winning the war of video games, and it has been around for awhile now. but Xbox isn't down for the count just yet, microsoft has invested $500 million into the xbox so its gonna be a contender for awhile, so its gonna gonna pull an "atari" and stop making processing the system. but don't just get the xbox because they got 1 really good game, PS2 has a really good array of titles since its been out for awhile, i would wait out the duel for awhile and see who comes out on top. but i will say that Xbox does have better potential then the PS2 however the games on it at the moment sure don't show it, just looks like PS2 graphics.

but like syder said if you want an entertainment system get a Xbox. you'd have to pay $30 extra for the remote for the dvd though. who wants to bring a date over to watch a dvd and pick up a PS2 controller?so if you have patience just sit back and wait to see the games that the xbox will pull out with next. but the graphics on xbox live are better than the PS2 though. and as for the gamecube, its targeted more toward the younger generation.

Thumbs up PS2 or XBOX

If you want a gaming system get ps2 because it has a more array of games if you want best graphics and sound get xbox
    The Many Signatures Of Me[gloworange]Moses Anderson[/gloworange]Moses Anderson [shadow]Moses Anderson[/shadow]

Sony, and, most recently, with much rejoicing, finally(again) Nintendo, have rights to Squaresoft games...and IMHO, whoever runs Square software runs the game market...although Microsoft did recently aquire Rare and bought Bungie (Halo) when the system was still in beta, and Nintendo has Retro Studios (Metroid Prime)...still go with the proven winner...PS2 and a GameCube as a second system. The XBox will soon be a desktop computer system, but you already have one of those.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

My vote is for Xbox. Right now there are more games for the PS2 but I think that is only because the PS2 has been out longer. The graphics are better on the Xbox and there are some very cool games comming out for it.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

I say get an Xbox. Because of Halo2 and because Xbox Live looks somewhat promising. I also have a playstation 2. I really only bought it for GTA and Metal Gear. I also have a GameCube. I only bought it because they have the Mario games on it. So it depends on what games your going to be playing. I'd get Xbox because it has all around better features and has good games now and in the future.

Gamecube only has multimillion sellers because of the Mario games, not because it's a good system.