Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C++ question.. Whats your fave compiler?

er0k
    id have to go with g++, gcc is for C whoever said that up there. it works great, and i love the way it handles your programs. i dont like watching a gui compile, its just nasty. i want my errors when i have them, and be able to debug em manually rather than sitting in front of hahah kdevelop and watching its cute compilations and its 500 options that are small commands in g++/gcc

What's the opinion on Turbo C++ guys ?
    I have never seen or used any other than that.
    ( maybe never had the need to )
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Antionline Herpetologist
    Turbo C++ is a legacy compiler for C/C++ written by Borland. It's great for learning C/C++ but doesn't support many of the newer standards, especially standard C++.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

According to the website of Bloodshed, it uses a GNU/GCC-compiler (Mingw port)

MinGW: A collection of freely available and freely distributable Windows specific header files and import libraries combined with GNU toolsets that allow one to produce native Windows programs that do not rely on any 3rd-party DLLs.
    So I suppose GCC can be considered a good compiler that is used on both *nix and Win.

Greetings,

shantz i don't know the advantages that borland builder has over ++ but i will just say that if anyone wants to use borland builder, he definitely should do a new partition in his hdd,and install the compiler there with a clear istallation of windows.