Thread: session or cookie problem

session or cookie problem

when I log into AO I loose my authentication after about 5 min... it's like the site forgets I've logged in... think u have a problem with ur session handling og maybe a error in a cookie or something... oh btw, I run the Mozilla browser (linux)...

(it took me three tries to post this... this bug is really annoying hehe)

cheers!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

zion1459,

It could be due to many different things. For example, have you recently installing a firewall or something similar? You could have some restricted permissions to your cookies now, so please veriffy this. Or maybe you could try reinstalling Mozilla or upgrading it to the last version.

Ah!!! one more thing, some AO members have asked about this before so it could be an AO problem with some users accounts.

Good luck!!!

Zion,

maybe you already have, but make you sure have enabled cookies in your profile.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Check these settings in your site options and set them to yes.

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) yes

Browse board with cookies?

Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you) yes
    Also, are you using an program to automatically kill your temp internet files/cookies?

I have also experienced some problems with this going through the proxy at school.
    It is setup to automatically dump temp files/internet files and cookies every so often.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

are you using CGI proxies or other ways to get anony when you visit antionline?

I have a Cable Modem connection which kinda works like a LAN network.. it's probably cuz the server I connect to have some strange firewall options... all cookie options on this site are set to yes... so I am getting all the right cookies.. hmm... just gotta keep messin around with I guess.. maybe I'll get lucky.. thx

lmao.. it seems the problem is gone now.. and I haven't changed anything... strange... well it works perfectly now
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Guess it was a problem with the server here at AO. O well, its fixed now.
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19