Thread: Basilisk II - Photoshop in linux?

Basilisk II - Photoshop in linux?

I was wondering if any1 here use Basilisk II.. the Mac emulator for linux... cuz I've been trying to make Photoshop 7.0 in linux and it's not possible atm using wine... but I then thought of that Photoshop also exists for Macs so maybe the Basilisk II emulator is capable of running Photoshop 7.0 Macs...

any1 here tried this?
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

I use the windows version, i imagine the hardware is emulted in the same mannor, the basilisk emulator to my knowledge can not yet clone imac machines, but if the program can run on a power pc then you should have no problems with the application.
    Theres no need to fear, BlazeTech is here

Hrmm,

zion1459, unless you want to use a version of Photoshop that runs on system 7 or os 8.6, then you are best searching for another method.

Basilisk only emulates old macs, not any new stuff. You are best to try through VM-ware running win98 or nt or 2k rather than trying to go through the Mac route. Unless of course that you have a PPC, then Basilisk isn't really an option and you should look instead at MOL (Mac On Linux).

Why not just use GIMP? or some other *nix equivalent. Figure if you have gone open-source once, you might as well keep the theme.

Peace,
    Dhej

Photoshop is the best program out there... GIMP isn't good enough (I use it too though but not as much).... Adobe still rules this market and I need what Photoshop offers.. I've been using VMware before but really hate it... cuz I don't just run Photoshop but intire windows... and really find that a waste of memory... well Imageready has been emulated with wine... just wonder if Photoshop 7.0 ever will function... hmmm..
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds