Thread: IRC chat problem

IRC chat problem

Hello

When i try to chat , am getting an error saying

"!!! Couldn't resolve server address irc.antionline.com"

in the applet's bottom. Am browsing using IE 5 , through a proxy server (Squid) connected by a cable modem to net. Whether the applet doesn't provide support for a proxy..

I am not allowed to install my favourite IRC client in any machine..

Can i still enter the chat ... ??
    God is Love

my advice to you is not to use the Java client. it's terrible. instead, go to www.mirc.com and d/l mirc. if u have any questions on how to use mirc, ask anyone on the site, especially moderators. after getting mirc, you can join #AntiOnline and a whole other realm of irc!
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

usually when you get that error the server is offline, connect via a Irc client like Mirc and make sure its not just the applet playing games

irc.antionline.com:6667

hope u can get in
    Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

proxies don't allow all kind of connections by default, they must be set to allow them. sounds like your proxy isn't configured to allow irc connections so even if you could install a client (which you said you couldn't) i don't think it would help.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Kwiep
    Hey,
    I had that problem some time ago to, and it isn't that your proxy doesn't allow irc, but rather it can't look up the hosts for some strange reason.
    I think the best thing to do is to download an irc client (like mIRC or Klient or whatever) and fill in the adress: 63.108.181.209 to connect to... Worked for me :/
    Looking up services.antionline.com...
    Connecting to 63.108.181.209, port 6667
    Double Dutch

Yeah , i used mIRC and i never had a problem.
    In case you havent learned them already , here is a little link that has some valuable IRC commands
    http://www.astalavista.com/library/i...rcBegginer.txt
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."