Thread: Global Consciousness Project

Global Consciousness Project

I just read about this thing from a magazine and thought I'd share it with you.

In Princeton University they are seriously researching such thing as "The Global Consciousness". The scientists believe that people can affect to computers and everything with plain brain waves. They have set up a network of Random Event Generators all over the world, which then connects to their university via the Internet. REGs create 0's and 1's randomly, but - here's the point - the general mood of people can affect to the numbers being generated.

They say that they have seen big events like the WTC and Olympic Games as peaks in the graphs. JFK Junior getting killed almost only caused a peak in the US graph and so on.
    They don't even claim that they can explain the true nature of the phenomena, but they say it exists. The homepage of the project is very wide and explains things nicely, so please check it out before replying.

A quote from the project main page:
    The Global Consciousness Project (GCP) is an international effort involving researchers from several institutions and countries, designed to explore whether the construct of interconnected consciousness can be scientifically validated through objective measurement. The project builds on excellent experiments conducted over the past 35 years at a number of laboratories, demonstrating that human consciousness interacts with random event generators (REGs), apparently "causing" them to produce non-random patterns. A description of the technical implementation is given under procedures.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

I have checked out this page. I have always thought that there was some sort of connection between us all if not just some of us. This seems to be an extraordinary project. I couldn't get the data pages to come up, but I will try again later. It will be interesting to see what comes of this initiative. What does everyone else think?

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Very interesting, that...
    To err is human,
    to cover it up is weasel.

Does this have any connection with the fact that when I yelled at my old laptop and took it on long trips it tended to shut down improperly or crash programs? And is there a connection between the fact that my new computer with XP has not had one problem and the verbal compliments and overall politeness that I give it?

I swear there's a little man in in there somewhere who makes it all work.
    Why am I still here?

More seriously speaking, the mere fact that we might all be a part of something much greater can be mind blowing because it would change our perception of our daily lives, also the meaning of religion itself would have to be updated ( that would not be too bad given the internationnal contex)
    Great site !
    assembly.... digital dna ?