Thread: Beginning of Antipoints

Beginning of Antipoints

When the AP system was created did people start with 10 antipoints like you do now when u signed up cause if u did wouldn't it be impossible for anyone to ever assign APs since u needed 50 to assign them,

Developer Extraordinar
    If I'm mistakin, I'm sorry, but I think things were different before people started to abuse the system, I don't think that you needed to have AP to give AP's or maybe it works like the phpBB points system, you donate AP's to the person, and I'm not to sure. You best bet is to ask someone that's been here longer than I have.

Cheers

-Micro

The Iceman Cometh
    A lot of changes have been made to the AP system along the way. In the beginning, there weren't nearly as many checks and balances. I assume, somewhere along the line, the 50 point minimum was put into place to prevent newbies from coming to the site and flooding everyone with negs for no reason.

AJ

ok thanks for the info

How am I doing?

Errmmm..off topic but outforjustix shows zero posts...?
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Kwiep
    In his profile it says he never posted :s... Little bug I guess... Or did you do that yourself outforjustix ? You surely will recieve at least some positive ap's if you post a bug...
    Double Dutch

Banned
    i like green cars

I had lots of problems with my old account and the post amount was one of them. A few other guys had the same problem around Feb. 2002. I thought it was patched up since then. Guess not.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

The Iceman Cometh
    Mahakaal and Neel: It has to do with deleting posts. Sometimes, when the server is reacting slow, users click the "Delete" button more than once. For every times it's pressed, it subtracts a post off of the Posts total. So, even if you only delete one post, if you press it more than once, you can theoretically lose quite a few posts off of your total.

AJ