Thread: AntiOnline Newsletter Articles for #6

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

AntiOnline Newsletter Articles for #6

Woohoo! It's another year and time for more articles. We have a challenge already set for it but would love to see some articles.

What are the topics? Well, ideally information on securing languages (like PHP code, C, C++, etc.), network setups (software versus hardware types), physical setups, social engineering, etc.

Please have articles submitted to me by: January 24, 2003 11:59pm EST either to me via PM or to my email address: msmittens@msmittens.com. Please identify in the subject that it's an article for the Newsletter as I can get lots of mail at times.

Articles can be in any format (OpenOffice, Office, RTF, txt, etc.)

If you have questions, send me a PM.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

sorry, but i am new to the newsletter thing. but is it an online newsletter or is it send out to address's or our emails?? cause i am interested in recieving one.

TN123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

The Iceman Cometh
    Trust: Just click on one of the "similar threads" to read previous newsletters. It's just a newsletter in PDF format that's published once in a while and posted for users to download.

AJ

This is awesome, I have some time to write my own article I might go into that Social Engineering category. I can't wait for this issue to be out and (oh and MsM, this one's for you ) I'm hoping quite a few members would be kind enough to write an article (or two) for the Newsletter, it would be great.
    Space For Rent.. =]

does the article have to be related to computers or can you perhaps do one on politics or just anything in general. Its all discussed on this site i suppose????
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

well , as i know it should be related to IT in general, but preferably ( security & coding )
    coz other issues no need to be published in a newsletter since we have a forum for everything.

i wesh i can write an article or a tutorial, i feel it's hard to do
    but i enjoy reading them

keep it up guys/gals .... we need a good newsletter
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

MsMittens, I'm working on a new C++ article. Will submit it to u as soon as I finish.
    Yeah, I wanted to ask, can I submit an article that wass not written by me but I find it very good and think it'd be good for the newsletter?Ofcourse, I don't want any credit for such articles. It should be published with the original author's name.

Hrmmm.. Send me the article and I'll see if I can get a hold of the author to make sure he/she is ok with us publishing but otherwise, I do not see why not.

Articles on politics is fine as long as it has something to do with computers, IT and/or security. Given the present state of the World it shouldn't be that hard.

Perhaps a comment on TIA and the recent withdrawal of information from their site. (if you are interested in doing an article on TIA but don't know what it is send me a PM).

Trust: the newsletters are published here in a PDF format for all to read. I usually post a notice. Maybe I can get JP to send a note out to all members.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Talking

Ok. Last call for articles. Get them in to me by tonite please. Via email (msmittens@msmittens.com) or via PM. I take Open Office Docs, Word, RTF, text.

Unhappy

Just so that people are aware. Due to commitments at school I won't be able to work on the Newsletter til Friday. So I'm hoping to get it out Friday afternoon. So, that means a bit of a grace period for those last minute articles.

Sorry for the delay to all the readers. I am working on tutorials for this issue on Snort and Ettercap.