Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Got My License :D

Congrats, Trust Not now U will be your friends chaffeur. Be careful there are people who are careless
    drivers as well.

It's a gas!
    Negative you cant honestly say that you havent witnessed a decline in the quality of posts on the boards recently, can you?

If you don't want to read about someone getting his license, don't click the link that clearly states 'I got my license '...
    Well im an inquisitive sort, so I clicked the link, just to be met with the, now familiar, type of thread that has become common place on AO.

And there's still a lot of technical discussions going on at the other forums...
    Yes, there are a number of technical discussions frequenting the boards but not half as many as when i first joined! Which is why i, and alot of others, joined in the first place!

Cheers

r3b00+

Does every thread on this forum have to tech?

AntiOnline's General Chit Chat
    Talk about whatever's on your mind, as long as it doesn't fit in another forum.

Maybe some of us thought that Trust_Not_123 has just acquired his license to use a computer or the Internet.
    smilies are ON

It's a gas!
    micky05, of course all threads on the boards dont have to be tech, that is why forums like general chit chat and tech humor were created.

But the point is that recently these kind of posts are the only posts that seem to frequenting the boards, were as before you would have only seen the odd post pop up!

May i ask you why you joined AO?
    Was it to partake in discussions about txt messages or someone getting their driving license?
    Or was it to discuss technical issues such as security, programming, networking, etc?

Cheers

r3b00+

r3b00+, firstly, there are tech forums in which people dicuss techincal issues, this is a general chit-chat forum. the word general practically means everything. so, in theory, this forum can be used for jokes, tech stuff, and people getting their license. but, there is a rule that says dont post in this forum, if your subject fits into another one. but funnily enough, no matter how hard i tried i couldnt find the "tell everyone you got your license" forum. unless you can find it. i stick to my posts no matter how stupid you or anyone else thinks they are. after all, if i didnt think they were relevant i wouldnt have posted them in the first place

TN123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

run down to the negrills and get uncle optiq a chicken roti and some plantines.

Is it true that in the USA all you have to do is a theory test on driving laws, some kind of parking and 10 minutes of driving?
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

first of all, Congratz TN123 for that, good luck in using it

now, i need to say something, for both (this forum Moderaters: Ennis , Negative )
    if all members sees that the home page board is getting in to less quality,
    and since this site is a security site as a main aim and a socializing speach at last ( general chit chat and cosmos forums )
    why don't you just take off all threads made for those two forums from the main home page, and only list the security part.
    by this, visitors and members who are not interested in any non-security issues wont see it, and i believe they have the right for that, coz it's a security site.

on the otherhand , as for this thread, no one can say it's a useless thread , coz' it been positioned in the right place ( GENERAL chit chat).

pease - bimmer

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    why don't you just take off all threads made for those two forums from the main home page, and only list the security part.
    Bimmer, I have thought the same thing many times. I think that would be a good idea. One of the main reasons I think this is because the main page is sort of like a "first impression" for anyone visiting for the first time. If those who are seriously into security see a bunch of inane posts they may not sign up. Over time this will lead to a decline of the overall quality of information on AO (I suspect it already has). Likewise, if a lot of skiddies visit and see all the lame posts on the main page they will post accordingly. This, too, will lead to a decline in overall quality.

Chit-chat has it's place, and while it's not always lame or trite....it isn't security. I post in the chit-chat forum, too, sometimes, so I am not saying I am blameless.

I forgot to mention....

For things like getting a license, birthdays, etc.....we do have this feature called a journal. It's a nice feature where you can say whatever you want and not worry about getting flamed or whatever. I think a lot of these more "personal" posts would best fit in the journal section.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Well done Trust_Not_123. Make your car "speak" (we say here in Greece). Recently i saw a very nice "car" the Hammer Baby H2, a very nice, but very expensive car as well. Another nice car is Audi TT. It is my dream car.