Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2000 posts

To tell you the truth, I don't give it a **** no more. When i first joined this site like early october, it was fun, and i actually did learn about computers, and like Soul said i asked some good intelligente quetions, or questions that made people think. A lot of people liked that and they thought it deserved points, and that was the way things went. Later on during my time here, it became all about who is getting ap's and who is not, how much aps the seniors have and how much the newbies have, hoe come the newbies can't fight back because they dont have enough ap's, all that bullshit. Along came the ap accusations, because you start off on the site the sametime as somebody, and you end up having more aps than they do they think you have an ap alliance.lol. You see, all the bullshit here makes me laugh, I have just decided to take the same step many members on this site took, and that is to stop posting, because people are really getting out of control with this ap ****. IF DON"T GIVE IT A ****, NEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if you want, i am done with this place until it gets back in order. I will say, a friend of mine mensioned a site just like this place to me, and i took a lot of interest in it, I will let you know it is www.unerror.com it is just liek AO without the ap system. That is where i hangout for the mean while. I like a site that i post without somebody sending me assignments bitching because i have more aps than they do. Don't get me wrong, JP you have great site here with some great members, but like always its just the few that ruins everything. I really admire you and your site, so don't think i am protesting against it, i am just telling the truth. I am so SORRY SOULE CONGRATZ ON YOUR 2000th POST!!!! - Ebo

Kwiep
    hehe... sorry... ebo >>> You know how many people said this: "IF DON"T GIVE IT A ****, NEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE " and how many of those got banned ?
    I think that comes near... all of them :/
    Double Dutch

Soulman.....Congratz on your 2000 posts.

Banned
    Mr. Soule! Congrats! (about time, you lazy ****)! We both have a different point of view on the subject you brought up (did you hire someone to correct your post?? It was pretty good!), and ermm... you know my point of view, I know yours... You're still ugly, but this post was a start!

PS: Posting you have 1000k*x where x=integer always gets you positives antipoints!

Judging from the APs flying around in this thread, it seems no one has really learned anything from what Souleman is trying to say.....

Congrats btw.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Actaully, now, all they are is a way to show who kisses the most ass and convinces other people to give them antipoints for posts that are completely unrelated to anything with computers. There are more postive antipoints flying around General Chit Chat and Cosmos then anyplace else.
    errr..very true buddy. Congrats.
    for example, you've got a lot of AP's on this post too, i dont see the point.
    lol forgive me, but i think that's exactly what you are trying to say too.

Edit : Even though im a new user comparable to you soule and other guys, but i'm completely over AP's. I find that people here just take out there grudges and shout obscenities through the system. I have been a constant abused. ANyway, my AP level must confirm that i didnt care in the first place, i just say whatever i think right. I almost get a neg on every post i make, however informative. So, errr..i was saying, yeah, nobody should care, because you should be clear of your priorities, is it to become a senior member with a lot of AP's or to get knowledge ? all the people are who getting AP's for no reason will be left behind you in life if you know what you are in for. Get in, get ahead of everybody.
    Do what you are here for, LEARN.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Souleman,

Congrats at your 2000 posts !
    You´ve learned a lot here and you did learn others a lot,
    It´s obvious you're well respected here.
    I'd also like to wish you well in real life, things will get better if you want them
    bad enough,

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

souleman,

I agree with Mahakaal, invader, bimmer, Spyder32 and Negative.

You say lately there have been useless and pointless threads in General Chit Chat forum, so what's the difference between a thread where someone says:

"Hey guys, i've got my licence ID..."

or

"Hey guys, i have reached my 2000 posts..."

???

I have already congratulated you for your 2000 posts and, although i'm relatively new to AO and don't know you too much, i trust in others good members that say your posts where really useful (and your APs status prove it but only if (as you say) in the begining of the AP system you were really greened for useful threads, not like nowadays that, as many of you say, we're greened for nothing).

Well, i mean that... which of these threads examples above is about security? Which of them isn't in the General Chit Chat forum? Why neging the licence thread and why getting your first post in this thread to extremely positive? Isn't this (as you guys say) "kissing your ass"?

Is this thread a tutorial that teaches something?, is this thread a very good answer to a member question? Is this an impressive news about security, hackers, software, etc. in the world?...,

nope...,

so why extremely positive???

I think you are right then souleman, many members green and neg for nothing, but it seems it has became the new AO system nowadays.

Bye.

DKRR

Kwiep
    I sort of forgot something in my post. I don't edit it, because it's on a better place right here, were it is now.
    About the IRC being not technical etc. IRC is for chatting. People go there for chatting. If someone ask a quick question wich can be answered even quicker, people won't bother to answer it. Friends often can have more difficult explenations, but those are modt likely taking place in queries or private channels, because people in #antionline don't like all the technical crap between their own conversations. I mostly help people with their things unless I'm just afk (wich many people are most of the time... strange thing yes). I get friends and respect for that. If I'm not afk, but someones things he can get a quick answer on IRC... That's fine, but if it's like a newbie comes in, judging from things he say he doesn't know anything about linux/unix and he admints that even. Then his question is (sorry guy who asked it, don't want to embarras you, you're just a recent example): "How does my friend install Solaris on his box, without his parents knowing it ? They don't want their windows gone. Does he have to partition ?". I say yes he has to partition because it's not really preferable to install linux on fat32. Then he sais "splain". That sounded to me something like: "Now go sit there to next hour telling me how to fix this crap and I might thank you." This is just an axample, but if I'm chatting a bit there and someone expects me to explain a complete computer newbie how to install solaris... then I'm afk for sure.
    It is crushing to a community, but things like this can be easily solved. On the sun web page there is a 20 feet manual about how to install solaris. There are literally thousenths of tuts on how to partition your harddisk, there are even tuts on how to fool you parents. I ask little, because most things are in that manual, almost anything can be found with google. If I have a quick question of an opinion I ask it in irc... If I have something that I know don't know the hell of and I expect members of AO could clear it up faster then I can find it on google (almost nothing), I post it in here. But well, that'll remove half of the AO forum posts.
    I will help people if I can, but they can't expect I'll "waste" my time on just quoting the manual, if I'm on a thing that's ment for making friends and amusement (for me that is). People get payed for that... I could earn money explaining that. I could do a lot more fun things with that time. Most people on here earn alot more then a "thank you" for one hour computer talk... Well that's my view.

Neel
    Double Dutch

ach, you poo head...lol, I'll never catch up now....hehe
    Congratz man, hope everything works out, I only have around 1500 posts to go..
    <Plot>
    Should I go on an Evil posting spree???
    </Plot>

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.