Thread: Possible Trillian exploit?

Question Possible Trillian exploit?

Apparently sending ";< " without the quotes, causes small issues with trillian when sent from AOL instant messenger to trillian users. (this was tested on both .74 and trillian pro v1.0 and caused these effects). The problem it causes is that trillian crashes and closes (disconnecting the user in the process). I have found two people this does not work on, one has the .74 B patch installed. I am curious if anyone else can reproduce this, or if it is with a buggy copy of the software on my end?

Thanks
    That was semicolon, less than, space just for reference and it must be sent from AIM to a trillian user.
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

I just tested it and I did NOT crash. I do have the .74b patch applied.

I tried several variations of ;< Using it in a sentance, just typing it in, quotes, etc.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

It's very possible that there could be an issue with Trillian 74a. I'd contact Trilian and have it looked into.

Hi mom!
    I tried this too with 74b, nothing happened ( ;< + space )
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Just an update

I installed the .74b patch and it doesn't work with it. I had a friend install the v1.0 pro patch and it doesn't work on this......oh well.....I love finding stuff that doesn't appear to be documented in the patch log, but was apparently found before...

Thanks.
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

yeah i tried it with my trillian pro 1.0 and it didnt do anything abnormal...
    THEprophetMOSES