Thread: webserver Special features

Post webserver Special features

hey peoples,

okay, i finally figured all this stuff out and heres the story so far.

i have registered with no-ip (http://no-ip.com) and create a DNS thingy that will redirect anyone going to the subdomain to my ip addy. then im using Abyss Web Server to load up my pages. now, is there a different server that i can use cause the abyss one doesnt support special features like hover buttons.

does anyone know of any freeware maybe even shareware web servers that i can use that has these options enabled and allows me to have hover buttins ect.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

What about apache!
    It works on win now!

i cant seem to figure out apache. there is something....strange about it. if there is anyone that wants to help me please do. i would appreciate it. help me with apache
    ----Homer J Simpson----

cause the abyss one doesnt support special features like hover buttons.
    Well, they can't be that important, because I've worked in the web industry for 6 years and not heard of them (specifically) yet.

Seriously, whatever "Hover Buttons" are almost certainly a client-side feature and nothing to do with the web server, hence compatible with any web server.

A web server will, generally speaking, serve any content you give it to dish out. This includes pages that use any cheesy client-side effects (including the many fascinating yet useless WinIE specific css style elements). Therefore, I'd suggest that you can create your "Hover buttons" using the appropriate HTML code (possibly with Javascript and/or CSS) regardless of the web server.

a hover button is like a link, but you can edit this link to bevil out or glow when the mouse floats over it. this is usually a frontpage extention, so maybe thats the problem. anyways, this is important that i get these "visual" qualities. i have started downloading apache and i will see how far i get with that.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

You can try OmniHTTPd. One of my friends use it on his webserver and seems to be happy with it.
    It is free.

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--