Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie - what i should study?

newbie - what i should study?

ok so im suicidal for the antipoint system
    i wont ask any other question like how decrypt file but i want to know, what i should look for to have better computer skills in programation, server.....

i just have 16 yr old and i just want basic thing please
    thank you
    -D100-

hhmm .. i learnt alot of things from this site and that help my job either. if you really interested in computer ... you must decide first what do you want to learn ? some of ppl here are great and i think they can help you with their knowledge. And don't forget to read lot of books or you can visit :
    http://www.kidsandcomputers.com/kids...ns/starter.htm

good luck.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

first of all its programing and secondly there is no skill as server, it might be server admin, but never mind, according to me the best way to start getting a foothold is by learning atleast one programming language and the best contender for that would be ....hmm..let me think.....Guess what 'C' or lets say C++ as in course of time ull know that it dosent matter much. now to learn C, get a nice beginners book, a small comp running any os and any c compiler and start hacking (hacking the language i mean) a good online link to start is :

http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/C/CE.htm
    u could just start from the basic C section ........ (dont aim at completing the whole tut, section by section)
    step 2 would be to take the Beejs networking guide and go through it.

by the time u finish it ... u would be a diffrent person..... and keep ur mind open, decrypting files, spoofing information , hacking only sound cool, they are not what u should really aim for and usually land u in trouble.
    Just to satisfy ur anti-creaivity ( ) u could take the osi G.E.E.K. challanges side by side, these challenges are in diffrent levels and would expect you to code effectivley, decrypt files, etc. an action filled learning experince. www.ca-osi.com

hope u like the advice, u can very well ignore it.
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

For programmation I suggest you look at pascal or basic language . Pascal was created by a person to teach his student the elementary of programming. C language is not, for me, a good starting point because you can do in C some mistake that is not allow with pascal.

The basic of programmaing is very simple, you have to know what is and how to use procedure, function, variable declaration, local and global variables, loop (for, while, etc.), test (if/then/else, boolean), recursive function. You have to know also some data structure like array, list, tree.

I think all of this can be found with google or may be someone will write a Newbie Programming Tutorial.

Also in addition to Ghostdog's comment VB 6 is a good starting point as that was my first language and i found it very easy to understand.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

er0k
    programming just start at C++ , its not different than starting somewhere else other than you wont be wasting your time completly. If you learn vbasic you will be all confused when you start coding in a real language because vbasic makes it all easy for you and what not because all its realyl used for is to code stupid ass gui's and those cujte little virii/spyware/trojans that like to randomly disembowl your box. C++ is a powerful language and really not that difficult to learn. www.cprogramming.com

for a windows user, i would recommend bloodshed's dev C++ for a compiler. Borland and i dont get along after all the borland email spam.

for *nix cough g++

Well; perhaps i'm said to be out of date; but if you relly like computing and want to know what really happens and what's all about you should definitely start by learning any assembler language (which in fact are all very similar) let's say for example learn how to preogram in assembler for a Z-80 porcessor. There is were you really learn what's all about and how do things really work (in fact when you program in any other higer level languaje (like C for i.e) what compiler does is to translate that info into assembler).
    I started by learning assembler for Z-80 and then learnt some C (I recommend K&R book to start; a must-have for C)... So my advice: first learn any assembler language to see how thing work; then learn a solid language like C....
    Hope i helped you...
    ampm...
    \"Aclaró que un Aleph es uno de los puntos del espacio que contiene todos los puntos\"... (An Aleph is a point in space that contains every point)
    Jorge Luis Borges \"El Aleph\"...

thanks all for your advice
    -D100-

C is definitely the language to learn first for programming. Don't bother with pascal. It's a little easier to learn than C but not significantly easier and Pascal isn't used in any industry applications. Learn C then move on to C++. I'm not sure who mentioned learning C++ right away, but I don't think that is a good idea. You should really learn structured programming before moving to object oriented. There are lots of classic books on C that are really good, but I like a somewhat newer one called C How To Program by Deitel and Deitel. Its starts out slowly and simply and then builds to more complicated programs. Lots of code examples and it has some more challenging project ideas that you can play around with if you pick it up quickly.

C++