Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dope

Dope

Today's illegal drugs were legal before 1914. Cocaine was even found in the original Coca-Cola recipe. Americans had few problems with cocaine, opium, heroin or marijuana. Drugs were inexpensive; crime was low. Most users handled their drug of choice and lived normal, productive lives. Addicts out of control were a tiny minority.
    http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Could it be true? It almost seems unreal. Is it possible that our policies could
    have been so wrong for 90 years?
    I guess I am a political reactionary. I do believe that our nation
    has been going down the wrong road, and for more than a century,
    and not just on drug policy.

Not all change is progress. One hundred years ago, America was in the
    midst of a political movement called progressivism.
    It was a utopian philosophy that rejected the old calvinistic
    view of human nature and introduced the idea that man
    could be perfected if government pursued an agressive
    policy of education and reform.

By the way, the older philosophy held that, since man is sinful, his
    governments, too, are sinful, and therefore advocated a more modest
    view of government's role as an agency whose duties were limited to
    traditional law enforcement (with fewer laws), and national defense
    (but only when there is a clear and present danger)

Today, the government's responsibilities have expanded even
    to attempting to solve our personal psychological problems.

Are we better off than those poor misguided souls
    who lived before 1914?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Wink

You are problably right with your assumptions.

And if you were not, man likes dope because dope is fun to use.
    So the government can make laws and try to fight it's own citizens.
    Useless in my point of view.

The only crime about dope are the laws forbidding them.
    It's the law that makes ppl criminals, on this point though.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Watch this and it all seems to make sence.

http://http.dvlabs.com/gnn/asx/gnn/ctc_bb.asx
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

90 % of drug deaths are from alcohol and tobacco and more people die from prescription and otc drugs than from illicit drugs . Thats why i don't smoke cigs ,rarely drink and don't pop pills a little hash once in a while and my computer are my vices .Although i approve of anything in moderation . ( nice vid i was just at GNN beats CNN thats for sure)

Wink

Yeah,

You guys are lucky having a government instance providing you with dope.
    Wish we had that in Belgium.

But unfortunately, our secret service fights dope( i guess).

But then again, the weed from the netherlands is world class, and only to be found in this region ;-).

Stoned greetz,

many conniseurs of Canada would argue that much of the weed in the Netherlands isnt properly flushed and very little is grown organic/bio , but they are the masters of breeding and selection and pot smokers everywhere do owe them praise and thanx .The dutch are a great and liberal people in all aspects!!! yummy salted liquorice too

Further I'd like to add:

If the agency needs any more dealers, just give me a mail.
    I'd love to work for those guys, it must pay really good with their profits .

I reside for the moment at sparkant@[216.162.208.200]

Tx.

Uh guys,

does anyone of you know why suddenly the signatures are not displayed in my browser window? In my last 2 replies it was stil checked on, but they don't show. The same with the other users. Am I the only one seeing this?
    If not, maybe it's bug or so and sould we report it.

Grtz.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    Are we better off than those poor misguided souls
    who lived before 1914?
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Let me see. i don’t have to go outside on a cold winter night to take a dump and im both cool in the hot weather and warm in the winter while i travel in my car. Free public libraries have tons of books and the world wide web is at my fingertips this can go on fore ever so you get the point.

prior to 1917 children were forced to work 16-hour days in factories. when you got sick you died. going into a hospital was going to hell.

but this is about drugs. back then opiates were placed in products that had no need for any drug at all just to get people hooked and forced to keep on buying the product (much like the tobacco industry of today). i believe we would have deprived ourselves of a good number of creative minds and possibly would not be at the level of technology that we are today if laws were not made to control drugs. regulation was needed but as is always the case when government gets involved they get carried away. Look what happened with alcohol during prohibition. Look at the raids on clothing stores that sold hemp clothing. its all so dam ridicules but still we have to pay for it. even though more than 50 percent of the population is for the decriminalization of pot we still had to pay good money to bust the dell dude for a victimless crime.

opiates are addictive and the only reason more people arn't addicts today is because its not readily available but suppliers should be the ones going to jail not users. if i choose to smoke pot or opium (which i dont) it harms no one not even myself while drug dealers support organized crimes and revoltionary armys. if people choose to use drugs let our own countries profit from it rather than these evil organizations this way it could be regulated and the quality controlled to keep toxic substances from being used.

the purpose of government is to protect and defend us but let them get control of anything and it becomes them against us. the 'agency' becomes an entity in and of itself concerned with its own survival and well being first. the department of housing has produced not one one house. the department of education has not given one lesson as a matter of fact they've hindered education while the department of labor has produced no jobs excepts within itself.

your right rc gov is just too dammed big.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You're at least right on the point that life HAS improved since 1917.

But to what point? Does any of you like the perspective of growing old, becomming senile and spending the rest of your days as an embarrasment to the the society you help creating?

I don't. I'd rather live fast, die young.

But on one point i really have to disagree with Tedob1. That is, dope is to be found on EVERY streetcorner. It IS freely available, at least, it is here in Europe.

Grtz,

Kwiep
    Come move to the netherlands. We are a modern and and we allow drugs to some extend. You are even allowed to grow weed for your own use. I know many people who smoke some weed or make a cake with drugs in it. If you use weed some times it clens your lungs, I read. It's not as bad as smoking cigaretes. Those people aren't addicted, they just use it to have fun or relax. Most drugs aren't usefull to get more social, like you talk more easy when you drunk lot's of beer. With drugs you make your own world and you see the world like you're watching to a movie. You're more like in your own. It doesn't have to be bad, it actually can have quite positive effects on society. Just be aware you know the limit. Just stay at home, don't jump of bridges, don't combine it with lot's of alcohol, etc.
    A little funny story: there are some people here from south america and when they moved to the netherlands all their friends warned them not to get addicted to drugs.
    Double Dutch