Thread: The Machine

The Machine

The Machine, a.k.a., Microsoft.
    'vrybody seems to be anti-Microsoft when they don't realize that co.s like Netscape, Sun, Dell, et. al. (and i mean many more co.s) are out for the same thing. It's just that the Machine beat them to it. Now i read t it is only going to get worse. i've read on the Spywareinfo.com site about waht the Machine is going to do next.

you don\'t.- uhme\'s wifey
    [shadow]Onward Jeeves[/shadow] [blur]Onward Jeeves[/blur]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Certainly most companies fail to recognize that. IBM was the first "The Machine" as it were.

Now, that said, someone is going around giving out Neg APs for no apparent reason on decent threads. That's getting mightly irritating.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I think MsMittens is very right

Agreed about IBM but they sat on their laurels and a young punk, if you wil, ame along and stold the show and won't let go. And now they want it back.
    is there an implication there ('bout neg APs).
    I like banananut's reason for frustration as it is the same with me at times
    you don\'t.- uhme\'s wifey
    [shadow]Onward Jeeves[/shadow] [blur]Onward Jeeves[/blur]

Netscape, Sun, Dell, et. al. (and i mean many more co.s) are out for the same thing
    L( ! )L

of course they are all out there for the same thing.
    to make as much monĀ£y as po$$ible.

IBM was the first "The Machine" as it were.
    the first International Business Machine, as it was, is now and probably always will be, amen
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

The whole purpose of a company is normally to make money......... of cource microsoft are gonna use dirty tactics to beat others, if you were in charge of an OS wouldnt you?

Banned
    i'd make a confusing os [programing wise] that no one would bother messing with. one with a nice interface and good features but with so much code that getting past one [security] problem creates another problem to get past.

maybe an os that has the same capabilites as a virus/worm (only used to protect not destroy).
    my workplace would have fast internet and lan parties will be complusery.

the new age of OS's .... i think it'l sell better then anyhting "The Machine" can make.

now if i can just learn java...

Actually, got to give credit when it's due,the guy only had one vision: service (crapy and still but getting better somehow ... i know but come on win 2k is much more stable then win95...) and he capitalized on it.
    for me, i bought once win3.1 and since then it's only been upgrading (free ofcourse because the previous version had to be updated... ) same thing with ms office.. AH i miss good old write, at least no macro **** with it ...
    assembly.... digital dna ?

er0k
    blah as i look more towards being a realist, you just have to let stuff like this go. Its like nature, it replenishes itself eventually, just like the technology marketl. M$ is on top now, but who knows? maybe in 10 years we will be taken completely by surprise by some completely un-related corporation?

what i think is that microsoft is more mean as they can go to any extent to
    continue their monopoly....