Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keylogger checks

Now I just have to figure out how trace it back to the devil that snuck this thing onto my machine & politely ask what his/her intentions were for spying on me. I welcome any input on my predicament.
    Well obviously they will have removed the keylogger now you've typed that message telling them you know about it.

Unless of course you did it on another machine, which you did, right?

Snoopfree, the program that detected the keylogger vxd, removes the driver but leaves the log file. Hence, the perpertrator (sp?) must presume that I have either discovered and removed the logger or gone comatose and/or incapable of stroking keys. One point though...I do not know yet the method/s that might have been used to send the log file data to the individual at hand. I feel pretty confident that the source is not a person who has or has had physical access to my box. Nor have I been able to discern with any certainty whether or not the "program" has a means of phoning home on it's own that my firewalls would not have detected. My best guess is that the installer had/has some other backdoor allowing a remote detection, or at least intended to establish one.

not detection...connection.
    For every animal you don\'t eat, I\'m gonna eat three....Maddox

Don't most key loggers store the information obtained in a .log file? I guess you could make a batch file like

echo off
    cd\
    del *.log

I bet if you were to run that on root someone would surely find out though,lol.

Just a binary dat. and I feel for anyone put a position to risk their life for a shallow cause, but I do not support the "war" on Iraq. Thanks for the input. Next.
    For every animal you don\'t eat, I\'m gonna eat three....Maddox

Try starting a new thread. We can agree to disagree.