Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question of the Week!

I'd write a memo titled: "No more beta testing our products on paying customers"

03/03/03
    or 11/11/11 (if you prefer binary)

Attn: All staff.

Effective immediately, a new policy is in effect. We at Microsoft will no longer sell crap. To paraphrase Orson Wells' plug for Paul Mason- We shall sell no software before it's time. This means rigorous testing and quality control procedures shall be implemented.

I have seen the error of my ways. It is wrong to foist upon the general public bug-riddled software and expect them to find our sloppy coding- usually on production, critical servers. From this point on, we not only shall we do our own testing internally, but we shall reduce the price of our entire product line to fair levels. Our entire licensing scheme shall be reworked to be competitive and non-exclusionary. We shall no longer push our products as a single solution, and will quit exploiting integrators and pressuring our vendors to use our product line exclusivly. We shall embrace open source software as technically superior and try to learn from the progress made, instead of belittling it publicly.

Finally, as a last gesture of magnamosity, all employees may stop calling me "My Dark Overlord" when addressing me, and instead may call me "Mr. Gates."

William Gates,
    Dark Overlord and Founder
    Microsoft Corporation

Then I'd make sure my kids had enough money stashed away for college, and probably buy myself a new motorcycle.

I would install secret backdoors and trojans in all versions of windows,
    and use them to gain total mastery of the known universe....
    but I guess he's already doing that.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Oh you mean that Bill hasn't aready install secret back doors into Windows...??? hmmmm

Anyway.... I would do away with Digital Right Management.... and Palladium Project. I would also change the direction of the corporation to be more open source... I would give software away for free when there is a competitor on the market that has a better product then I did (opps I already did that... sorry netscape)
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

4% of my money would be donated to Antionline while 67% would go to **** (Save Homosapiens In Turmoil). The final 29% shall be given to anyone who can open up my monitor using only there bare hands and a screw driver, nothing else. I would also transfer all of my stock to Linux and build my own ice glacier naming it "Silicon". Extending my hand to Fidel Castro to traffic cigars over the U.S. would also be my top priority.
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

i too would take a couple billion dollars and build some nice houses, maybe buy a small island in the carribean. Have a hut like the one in Thomas Crown affair. Then I think i would buy a couple of really nice computers, get a real internet connection running into my house. Buy my own gym, and some really good steaks. mmmm. yeah that sounds good
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Man what a good question! One day huh? hmmm...steal all of his servers and live comfortable off the money I made in that one day!.....hell I could live off the interest alone!

i would restructure Microsoft by firing the thousands of worthless software engineers who build features for MS Word that nobody ever uses and reinvest that money in validation. i'm a hardware engineer and our culture is to get it right the first time. thanks to Microsoft the software culture is more like "get it out with lots of stupid features, and make them pay for the bug fixes."

i wouldn't give all the money away, because the money's not sitting in a bank somewhere. if you give it away you will bankrupt the hundreds of companies he owns major shares in and probably drop the stock market a few hundred points. just my two trillion cents on the matter.

I'd pay people to perform halluciantions for me....

"Hehehe.....Could you put another midget in that blender?"
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I've read some pretty good posts here. Very inventive.

If I was Gatesy for a day - I'd kill myself

BUT not before I left an ammendment to my will:- Money & ALL ASSETS go to Viperboy, Aust.
    [shadow]]I\'m not really here......
    You just think I am......[/shadow]

I would stop manufacturing windows and start selling linux while giving windows as
    a freebie with Linux