Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic The Gathering Online (Game) Security

Magic The Gathering Online (Game) Security

I was curious if anyone is aware of how secure the MTGO game is. Is there any know links of people attaching virii to cards or the ease of taking over someones account. I just want to know of what I should be aware of. with the way trades pop up, I want to be sure they can't pop something in and take over my account or something...

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Juridian aka J[] works for the company that makes MTGO. Ask him. He is normally around on IRC.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

What type of programming language does MTG use? I would assume it would have any other vulnerabilites as any other web based application? Does it use active x? sockets? hmm been awhile, you may want to email mtgo for more info.

in regards to the assignment made
    Yea, i think your a little too security concious. its just a game. geeze. this site is for real security and where its really needed
    If I find I the security vulnerabilities, I can impliment the countermeasures if any such as you would you operating system. I think that makes sense, but thanx again for your ignorance.

An online game IS SERIOUS SECURITY. It can also be a BIG SECURITY RISK! Whoever made that assignment is extreamly ignorant and should be a little more concious when making anti-point assignments. We discuss ALL FORMS of security here, if you disagree, please post it, so we can all see who you are.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Google is your best friend (or new girlfriend for some of us..)!

Use it, and ye shall find what thy needeth moon after moon.

Anyways, google found an informative article at wizard's site.
    Stop the unborn chicken voices in my head...

Ninja Code Monkey
    No, people cannot attach virii to cards. Cards are not files passed back and forth or edited in any way. And as usual for any username/password protected system....it's main security risk is users giving out their information.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

i agree with juridian, the only risk is the giving out of infomation

yes funkymunky i agree with him too, dont give out info and you will be fine
    THEprophetMOSES

You guys completely ruled out the crazy admin that got fired and now is infecting cards with viruses..

Other than that and info giving out.. your fine? Unless when you made a connection playing with you and then somehow he got your ip address, and then launched an attack that way....