Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Windows OS leaked

lol maybe they should go open source or at least free

Microsoft haha remember them talking about software crackers and pirated software. Microsoft really put a stop to that now didn't they lol as Nelson Munce would say "HA HA"
    Good Grief

I guess you could call Palladium a security feature...to poop on. Does Longhorn have Palladium integrated into it though, or is that M$'s next project?

I understand that Palladium has had a name change, so watch out for "Next Generation Secure Computing Base."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/29039.html
    Flod!

Remember all the hype about xp and people lining up to get it before they ran out??? or was that xbox??
    Hype sells so even if it was worse than me people will blindly buy it so they can have the latest.
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Old Fart
    running build 4008....no blue smoke yet, but I wouldn't put it on anything less than an 800 mhz machine. Fastest install I've ever seen from MS.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Very interesting thread.

I must say I'm intrigued even though I won't be using any Microsoft OS past 2000 for as long as I can. I always disliked microsoft put with this "trusted computing" crap I pretty much hate them now. If find the name "trusted computing" quite ironic coming from microsoft.

We'll see how trustworthy it is if they actually suceed in making it happen. I give it a few weeks before someone hacks it.
    -Anomaly

er0k
    hrm allenb1963, its prolly the fastest install because they havent loaded the spyware yet!

as an avid windows user since 3.10 (i know i suck) i am hopin this will fix some of the grosser flaws in previous m$ oses. the only thing that concerns me is the security flaws inherent of windows and obviously the spyware i believe m$ will hide in their software (yeah im paranoid) but i still believe spyware is a legitimate concern of yukon and longhorn if only to catch pirates. i dunno anybody got some feedback for me on the security and privacy issues?
    i didn\'t do it, nobody saw me do it, you can\'t prove anything!
    -bart simpson