Thread: Javascript

Javascript

For some reason my Internet Explorer doesnt seem to support Javascript anymore. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

look in your settings, maybe you accidently turned it off?
    what browser are you using?
    what OS (let me guess... win?)

if you can't figure out why it is being wierd? reinstall your browser, that should/usually makes things all better
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I'm using Microsoft IE 5.5 (i think thats the version I have), and yes, Win2000. Java logging and JIT compiler are both turned on, but the Java console isn't. Would that be it?

Are you using the Sun virtual machine or the Microsoft virtual machine? If you are using the Sun VM, you may want to check in the Control Panel and ensure that the options for the Java Plug-in are set to integrate it with Internet Explorer.
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

Thanks, but I'm using the Microsoft virtual machine. Ideas?

if you upgrade to IE 6, it might fix it without you having to mess with more settings.

Re: Javascript

Originally posted here by S3\/3|\|
    For some reason my Internet Explorer doesnt seem to support Javascript anymore. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Ok as a web programmer this thread has confused me.
    Are we talkingabout javascript the script language which has no association with Java ?

Or java , which has its beans and applets?

If its java, then you need to install the VM, this is a typical issue for XP users.

If its javascript, all explorers come with it default since before 3.0 so you have either disabled it or have a secondary program ( a firewall, cookie protector, etc.) that is blocking that. Check on that and see whats up. YOu can also disable javascript in your security setting, but you would know if you had done that, right?