Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap the Top 10 AP "Earners" list

Scrap the Top 10 AP "Earners" list

Or rename it. The following people have not EARNED the AP's they have, and it's a mockery
    and an insult to the members that have put their time into this site,

Gus Venditto
    intmon
    Jupman
    StreetRunner
    LordB
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Well Mahakaal i aggree but what can you do its there server now
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

That's why it's in this forum
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

hehe you know what i mean they will probably allways have that amount of AP's now though its a shame people who have worked hard arent even near there level
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I couldn't agree more. Get rid of the list. What purpose does it serve besides boost ego's?

well... true I can't disagree with either of you... not that it's really my place to comment. But thats what happens when some members tried banning the new management from the first day. I think it would have been better if the new management had given themselves gold dots and made themselves immune from AP's rather than give themselves masses of greenies but...

Jupman and co... what about this suggestion? We all know you run AO now and I can understand why you gave yourselves lots of green dots in the first place... but what was wrong with the gold one?

Z

<edit> Ck beat me to answering with another suggestion
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I can't see a need for it. Beats me why JP ever put it there...

If we can slowly steer the site away from trying to promote some individuals as better than others we'll all benefit....

That particular list should be removed, it's corrupted, not to mention that it get's people into a state of competition....something that only leads to badness....just like the Most viewd profile list was removed coz some one ran a scipt to keep clicking on that same profile untill it was at the top, at which point, the use of the list and it's validity had gone out the window.....
    How ever, the thread starters list is really cool I think....I miss the posts from some of the old memebers in AO....they had alot of good input and alot to share and I owe alot to them...any how...to draw towards a conclusion...I think, that a new list should be made, one that lists some of the oldest and most contributing members AO has ever had...oh well
    my 2 cents spent.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I see a good 5 people on the list that don't deserve or shouldn't be on it. The list when I left was Waaaay different and had some deserving people IMO. The owners totally owning the list defeats the already beaten purpose of it. Might as well get rid of it if you ask me.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I will not post a reply in this thread untill I see someone from management add some insight to this subject.

Ooops!! Don't ya just hate it when you think out loud and yer puter takes the initiative to post yer thoughts on AO?

Anyway.....
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?