Thread: System Information Rerporter

System Information Rerporter

Just found a system information reporter called aida32. Only for windows though. I don't know how often your windoze system has to be re-installed but once a year seems to be the max for mine before it starts acting up. So the big thing is trying to get a list of apps that are installed on there, as well as backing up all the files that have my configuration info. for my programs that I use everyday, mainly SecureCRT (if you like putty you'll love this, costs $$ though). Aida seems to fit the bill for this reporting, it appears to also have some network capabilities, might be worth looking into for small companies that can't afford M$ SMS system or other similar apps.

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Belarc is also another reporting tool that can gather sys information and put it into a nice report form for you.

If you have any other cool backup or system information gathering software post it up....

FYI.....

The Iceman Cometh
    Just FYI: The SecureCRT files are stored in a directory called config (typically stored under the SecureCRT folder). Just move the directory to your documents (or some other location you back up often). When you run SecureCRT the first time after the change, it'll ask for the new location. Point it to the right place and you're set.

AJ

I understand where the info is stored. And in NT 200 and XP it is acutally stored under the profile of that current user, by default, ie...
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Current User)\Application Data\Van Dyke Technologies\SecureCRT
    but you can define the configuration folder within SecureCRT under the Global settings....

I was just wanting to know what other utilities people have found out there to backup application settings and such....because it is a pain to go and dig these files out everytime you need to re-do a machine.