Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

I completed a folding in 40 days (approx.). That's slow, but well, my computer is used a lot, and hence, less folding work. Anyway, i was surprised, i'm not listed on the team page.
    Duh, yes, i have the right team number.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Originally posted here by invader
    I completed a folding in 40 days (approx.). That's slow, but well, my computer is used a lot, and hence, less folding work. Anyway, i was surprised, i'm not listed on the team page.
    Duh, yes, i have the right team number.
    If this Folding@Home profile belongs to you: Invader, is there a possibility that you either has missed something in the configuration. The profile tells that Invader do not belong to any team.

Or, maybe you have signed up lately? If it's like that will you show up on the team stats page when you have done your first WU for Team AO.

Old WU's will not count when you change team or joins a new team. Only work from that date you joined. This means that you can have several team's listed in your profile, I have for example two teams listed under my profile.

Hope this will help you solve the Team problem.

~micael

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm.. I completed another WU yesterday and it never showed. Odd.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Hrmm.. I completed another WU yesterday and it never showed. Odd.
    It's sometimes a delay between the team stat's page and the user page. Check your user page and see if you got credit for the WU and then compare with the Team page. I have never seen a delay longer then a few hours though.

~micael

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    My user page matches the amounts I have on the team page. Hrmm... I'll check when I'm back at work on Tuesday.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I will remember that they do run the total stat's every 5th or 6th hour (creates these lists: no1 and no2) most stat's will show up after the run if not sooner. They had earlier some major problems with their stat's pages but that should be fixed by now since they have rewritten the code of Team & User stat's (maybe more), the good thing is that they do not loose any stat's and the credit for the WU's will be there sooner or later .

~micael

F@H error.

Well I have been using F@H okey,
    So it was running like the first time but then it seems when it gets about 40/200 its causes the error.

But this only happens if i want to look at it it runs still when i dont double click on this.

Could someone help explain?

>Thanks
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

It still sounds like you are using the fancy client version of F@H (screensaver), If it's the fancy version then the problem may more likely be related to the graphics part (which draws the proteins on the screen) rather then the folding function. im sorry that I can't help you more, if the problem continues please try the no-noncense-f@h client. You can find a tutorial here and downloads here.

~micael

i have a few spare machines at home, and F@H interests me, seeing as they just sit around and philosophize all day long when i'm not there. 1) should i get involved with F@H if i have a spare piii 500 box. 2) any <known> security risks 3) best OS to use for F@H
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Best OS for F@H.. IMHO Linux.. their linux client has a very small memory footprint (on my box)

Security wize it's ok.. the client connects to F@H when starting (or restarting) and when done..
    the web traffic is minimal..

So I'd say.. sickyourIT goForIT
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !