Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

Folding@Home

I felt a little bit bored and started to create a team site for all folders here at AO ,and hopefully can we use it until I can find a better place for it.

I talked to Negative earlier and he thought it would be a good idea to create some folding tutorials and I started with a place to have them on (imho is AO not suitable since this is a security related site).

Team AO site features:

Forum, Tutorials (in time we create), simple layout, team stats (thanks to Tim), links, downloads.

Wanted: administrators, moderators, designers, ideas critics, and help to find a good public site to move everything to (free).

link: Team AntiOnline (F@H)

~micael

Folding@Home

I felt a little bit bored and started to create a team site for all folders here at AO ,and hopefully can we use it until I can find a better place for it.

I talked to Negative earlier and he thought it would be a good idea to create some folding tutorials and I started with a place to have them on (imho is AO not suitable since this is a security related site).

Team AO site features:

Forum, Tutorials (in time we create), simple layout, team stats (thanks to Tim), links, downloads.

Wanted: administrators, moderators, designers, ideas critics, and help to find a good public site to move everything to (free).

link: Team AntiOnline (F@H)

~micael

I need someone to answer this please.

Well i became a part of the AO F@H and well it was working all night and until now it says it has caused and error in the file PMXGR.dll im pretty sure. And i wanted to know if there was any way to fix this?

>could someone help me.
    >Thanks
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Re: I need someone to answer this please.

Originally posted here by kilerboots
    Well i became a part of the AO F@H and well it was working all night and until now it says it has caused and error in the file PMXGR.dll im pretty sure. And i wanted to know if there was any way to fix this?

>could someone help me.
    >Thanks
    It does not ring a bell..

A few questions:

• What OS do you use ?
    • What version of F@H do you use ?
    • Do you use console or graphical f@h client ?
    • If graphical client (scrnsaver), what kind of graphic card do you have ?
    • Does it start now or is it dead ?
    • Aprox how long time was you able to run before it stopped ?

I searched some sources and did not find anything about PMXGR.dll. I will see if I can find anything. One place were you can post your questions is http://forum.folding-community.org . If you still have problems please attach the f@h log file, (direct after a crash, do not try to restart f@h before you have backed the logfile).

~micael

I use Windows ME and for some reason it keeps saying that errror message. I tried to download it agian, but the same error message came up.

Ugh....I gave up on Folding@home for a short while.....after doing 148/200 it died and lost all it's work.
    Also...my other machine is A) Sounds like a hoover and B) It get's a Core dump BEFORE it finished installing XP....go figure...

Oh well..I will re-join, but not right now too much work ATM.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well I lost one set I was doing (was about at 196/200). Freakin' harddrive did ye ol' click of death! UGH! At least this one is still going (almost done), the ol' pentium is still chugging and now I've restarted on XP.. :P
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I have noticed a few WU's they have had problems with (client crashed when they was assigned these WU's). They have now removed them and it seems like everything works quite well, except that they have had some problems after the powerdown last friday (stats not showing up, servers not give WU's etc). Hopefully will they solve their problems and be back up and running to 100% soon again.

Source: http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html

3/17/2003 PLANNED SHUTDOWN, FRIDAY MARCH 21
    The power in our building is being rerouted and we are being forced to have a planned shutdown. We will likely take all of the F@H servers off line Friday, March 21 around 5pm PST and then bring them up around 1pm Saturday, March 22. The exact times may change slightly. We had a previous planned shutdown like this which went relatively smoothly and we hope that this will go smoothly as well.
    ~micael

Yea I re-downloaded it and it seems to be working fine thanks again.

Welcome (again) kilerboots .

We do still need new folders in our struggle to make Team AntiOnline one of the top 100 teams in the world.

Team ranking the 5 april 2003: 156

Quick links:
    Teampage url: http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=11416
    Homepage url: http://www.antionline.com/
    Secondary home (faq/help): http://team-ao.ath.cx/

Top three team folders: qwerty_smith, bluebeard96, souleman and the fourth member who gains on the lead every day: louie0200.

We have today aprox 14 active members (34 processors), some good team stats can be found here.

Happy folding !

~micael