Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norton Corporate V.S. Personal Editions?

Well the final solution came out to be a reinstall. Norton Corp works now and can see the virus in the file. I am not really happy with thier support though...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

That's retarded, who sits and reinstalls an Antivirus program on their computer? The only time it gets reinstalled is whenever you would format (unless you have it setup on an image).... retards!

CXGJarrod, so that's all the support they gave you was to reinstall the program, then it worked? Not that an update glitched, or maybe today they just released an update, or anything like that?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

AciDriveHB: No, they made me do about 50 things before we had to reinstall. (Deleting Virus Definition Updates, trying a couple of cleaners and some other stuff) My only problem is it takes about a hour to get anyone knowledgeable on the phone. Once you do, you have to go through the same questions the previous techs asked you. Its an irritating process.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

For email servers I still recommend Trend Scanmail because it will check for updates every hour. I found out that email viruses need to be updated more frequently then once a day... because sometimes by then it's too late.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Regal Making Handler
    Anti virus is only as good as the latest update. Some of the things that windows update does is picked up as virus like activity on most virus scaners. Thats why they recomend u turn of virus software when up dating windowz.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry