Thread: Telnet editing

Telnet editing

Hi u all. this is my first post here;

I downloaded borland c++,v 5.0 profesional edition,and i got telnet win98 version.
    Well,actually,i would like to be able to modify telnet so it makes all received characters displayed on the screen,and sends the characters i write without codifiying them at all.

Something similar to what i want happens on the tera term pro,in debug mode,but it does only uncodify recived info,and sends it as usuall.

I think first of all id need a clue of how to edit telnet with c++ to start to try to changing it.

Thanks for ur help.

Naboman

[edit]
    By saying : "i have telnet win98 edition" do you mean that you have the program or the source code??

Editing a (binary) program with C++ is not a possibility..

however.....
    [/edit]

How about downloading the putty source..

putty is a great set of tools...
    a telnet/ssh client, sftp (secure ftp) and scp (secure copy) programs and a lot more ..

and edit that to your liking . . .
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Ok now i know better what i want;
    I would like to get any telnet client with the option to let me send info completelly unencrypted so the mud treats me as implementator,and with lets me choose if i want it encrypted or what.

Does anyone knows any client with the first or both features?

putty (see link in previous post) allows RAW data connections to any port..

does that help ??
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Im sorry im being really unespecific

I play on a multi user dungeon. Its played by telnet.

I have heared,and i know its true,that you can acces thoose kind of games as if u was a god,being able to use god´s codes and orders.
    The one who told me that had done so,told me that i had to edit win3.1 telnet,and get it to send and recieve all the info unmodifyed by the client.
    So the objective i persecute is to be able to compile the mud too as if i was a god.

Thank you for ur time and help

Naboman

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    do be do be dooo.... putty putty putty putty putty.... I am so glad that people listen...

and btw... modifing a mud that you don't own is considered cheating. If you can't play it without cheating, find something else to do and stop being such a lamer....

oh yeah, and just being able to send raw data to a mud server will not give you the ability to modify the mud... it takes a lot more then that. Why don't you figure out what mud server they are using, dl the source code to it, set up a nix box someplace, install your own mud, and play with that? Otherwise, your going to end up messing up a mud that other people use, and you are going to screw things up for everyone, just because you are too greedy to actually play the game the way it was ment to be played and you really need to get a life.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Im afraid im not gonna mess up the mud, i got that idea by other one who is doing so,but didnt tell me how to,and he told me 1 order to try,%con (34) and this one is the only one i will use,and its not related to other players but me.
    Just if i could reach how to send that order to the mud... xD

Thanks for help,answers,and time

Naboman

Who ever told you that you can do that is wrong. You can not connect to a mud as a god unless your character is a god or you just happen to be in the relevel code, highly unlikely. I've coded on several muds with different formats, connecting and just "becoming" a god isn't possible.

Only ways to be a god: 1) be made a god by one of the others, 2) your name is in the relevel code, 3) you have the shell acct username and password to add yourself to the relevel code.

Obviously your not any of them, don't try or your just going to get banned or worse.
    The only limit a person has, is the limit they give themselves.
    Cogito ergo sum. - Descartes

Wink

oh yeah, and just being able to send raw data to a mud server will not give you the ability to modify the mud... it takes a lot more then that.
    I assume there is another way

So hope another one who knows howto posts here ^^

Thanks again for ur time and help.

Naboman

If you wanna try to send raw data I'd reccomend using netcat.

If you wanna try to cheat I'd reccomend asking somewhere else.