Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Administrator

Same for my school district. We are not aloud to access the c: drive, the background settings, any of that. They have a special program viewer that is set up which lets us access only specific programs. Plus, that is not your personally computer. The school board isn't funding the district with computers so people can change the background.
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

Cool

So all Of you are telling me that not once in your lives have you tried to get around a system just to have some fun?

Let's see, if i do get around it and get caught, i can't do any work for my computer apps class (required to graduate). Besides, I'm not on the computers at school enough to bother trying to mess with them.

Well why in the first place want to mess with the schools computer, How often do you see tha compputer, like once a week. And everyone probally has a computer at home so why not mess with that. Once i knew this kid in high school who got busted forrr using Netbus on the schools computer. Computers are very valuable, why do you want to mess with the school backround the person whos playing with it didn't pay for it so the person who own's it should have a right to do what they want with it. And say you had one student come to your own house and they messed with your backround every time they came over. Wouldn't it be anoyying.

>Thats just my opinion!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

AntiOnline Newbie
    So now it's fun to get on a system owned by somebody else and intentionally circumvent the security set up to protect and ease the experience of the next person who has to sit down later and use that same system???... Very interesting... And here I thought schools were for learning.

1. Rules are rules and like it or not, schools have a unique responsibility to ensure that inappropriate content will not be accessed and that their systems are used for educational (and lawful) purposes.

2. Most Admins worth their salt will have set up those systems so that even if some turd-bird was able to change the default setings, they will not be saved and as soon as the system is logged off or restarted, the default settings will be loaded anyway - so what's the point?

3. A decent Admin will be able to track who made what changes and when, and then be able to provide such documentation to the "powers that be" for suspension or expulsion proceedings depending on the severity of the infraction.

Take everybody's advice and use the school system for the reason for which it is provided and personalize your own system at home.

C'mon everyone, leave the poor kid alone...I mean, sure he IS being stupid, but I think that he's had enough crap for one day.

A little advice though: School admins have shitty jobs! They have to deal with retarded teachers all day long, who don't know much more than how to open Power School and give me lots of A's. But what I'm trying to say here is, why screw with them even more by trying to circumvent security?

And one last thing: How the hell do you justify changing the wallpaper as "getting around the system to have a little fun?" Using a program written by someone else to accomplish something like this is about the lamest thing possible. I am disgusted with this, as the only somewhat amusing things that could be done here would be to put pr0n or something obscene on a 'puter, but where's the fun in that? Where's the challenge?
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

Robo,

I am sure that we have all at time tried to do what was forbidden from us (I know I have). That is what makes us want to know how things tick, what makes the world go round and so on. But what you asked is how do you get by a restriction that was put there on purpose.

If you want someone to tell you how to do it, you don't want to do it for fun, you want to do it to show you can. If you were doing it for fun, you would figure it out on your own, give a slight grin, then change it back to what it is supposed to be and walk away with a sense of satisfaction and pray you don't get caught.

Everyone here is just letting you know that they are not willing to help you do something that you are not supposed to do. It has nothing to do with them having done, or not done, it before. It has to do with their sense of right and wrong.

I am not a school admin (thank god) but I am an admin for a very large tech conference so I face some of the same concerns. It just makes our jobs a bit more tedious to have to fix something as trivial as a wallpaper. Have some respect for the admin, and let him/her dedicate their time to something more productive.
    dAggressor

It\'s a long life, until you die

Hey Hey,

I was good friends with my HS comp admin, and was the admin for a set of 6 computers available for public use after school hours. We had the same policies in place, they cause a lot of problems for a lot of people, but everyone has already mentioned that....
    I'm writing this message right now on a school laptop, i'm at home, but it's still the schools.. Even tho I pay them $200 a month for the use of it (a college policy), it's not mine. I can do whatever I want on it while at home, the AUP is "Don't damage the hardware" if I kill it they reghost it with my programs image, but when i'm at the school with it the policy changes... No lude or disrespectful backgrounds, no IMs, no games, we do anything like that and we're out of our program. You're only in high school, don't get into the habit of breaking the rules now.. If I break the rules, I lose the laptop, my seat in the program, and the $4000 I've sunk into it.

The penalties may seem minor now, but as you get further in life they get bigger and bigger, get yourself in the habit of doing the right thing now.. because a police investigation, or being fired from your job is not fun.

Why not THANK the admin for keeping the network & computers operational (Day after day, week after week........) If you arrived one day to find the system(s) DOWN because a 'script kiddie' screwed with it..........what would you say ? (Yep.....Hey ADMIN.....fix this thing !!!)

Thankless job; but someone has to keep the systems operational.

Hey whoever you are who wants to know how to make sys admin a nut case. I can tell a trick and no system adm can prevent you using that, in the matter of fact they would not even know who did it from which computer because all of these sys adm are sucks and all they do is pose as pros but they are all stupid learned about computers out of text books. And yes all of you people you can negg me if you want but I am proud what I do and still couldn't get any hand on me. let me just discuss little about some members here. Well how would I start let's see ,,umm yes. A lot of people here are just lamers and wanna be kids who just stay on the main page of AO and search google for some good links posted by some other lamers about security. SECURITY MY FOOT....... LET ME TELL YOU GUYS IF YOU THINK THAT ANYTHING IS GOING TO MAKE YOU SECURE IF YU ARE ONLINE THEN YOU ARE SUCH A FAT MORAN AND STUPID WHO SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLERS TO GET THEIR SYSTEM SECURE OR SEARCH LAME ASS SEARCH ENGINES FOR FREE FIREWALLS OR SOME LAMERS TOOLZ TO CHANGE THE APPEARANCE OF THEIR DESKTOP OR TO CRACK SOMEONE'S PASSWORD. THATS KIND OF MOST MEMBERS ARE HERE WHO DOESNOPT KNOW ANYTHING BETTER. ALL THEY DO SEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND POST THE THREAD HERE TO GET SOME POINTS SO THAT GREEN LINE OF BALLZ CAN MAKE YOU THINK THAT PERSON IS U83Rh/\><0R. BUT IN REAL IF YOU CHECK THEIR POSTS RO TEIR MEMBERSHIP DATES THEY ARE HERE FROM LAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND ALL THEY DO JUST KISS ASS OF OTHER SENIOR FOOLZ AND DISCUSS ABOUT WHAT KIND OF MUSIC SOMEONE LIKE I MEAN........ CUMMOOOOOOOONNNN , ALREADY.
    NOW HERE IS THE SOLUTION OF YOUR QUESTION

FIRST OF ALL I DONT KNOW WHICH OS VERSION YOUR LAME ADM IS USING. LETS GUESS MAY BE HE IS USING THAT OLD WIN 98 CUZ LOT OF SCOOLS CAN'T AFFORD XP BECAUSE OF MASSIVE BUDGET CUTZ IN THE SCHOOLZ. OR I WOULD GUESS HE IS USING NT , 2000 DOES NOT MATTER WHAT EVER HE IS USING. LET ME GO BACK A LITTLE BECAUSE i DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT IF YU HAVE ANY PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE OR NOT MAY BE NOT. IT IS OKEY IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU HAVE TO BE DOWNLOAD SOME TOOLZ ON YOUR CDROM BECAUSE MOST OF THESE COMPUTERS COMES WITH CDROM BOOTABLE SYSTEM OR IF YOU COULD CHANGE IT FROM A DRIVE THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO. OK NOW OCME TO THE POINT FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO ENTER TO SYSTEM BIOS AND CHANGE IT TO BOOT FROM A.
    YOU WILL ALSO NEED A WINDOWS BOOT DISK WHAT EVA THE VERSION YOUR SYS ADM IS RUNNIG AND THEN SINCE I AM ASSUMING THAT YOU DONT HAVE ANY PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE DOWNLOAD EDITDOTCOM NOW APPLY LITTLE MIND HERE ON THIS NAME I JUST MENTIONED YOU HAVE TO SEARCH IT AND YOU CAN SEARCH IT ANY WAYRE OVA THE INTERNE. WHEN YOU FIND IT DOWNLOAD IT ON YUR FLOPPY DISK AND PUT THAT FLOPPY BACK IN COMPUTER'S A DRIVE AND THEN REBOOT IT SO NOW REMEMBER YOU ALREADY CHANGED THE CONFIGURATIONS OF BIOS BY PRESSING F2 OR EDIT KEY WHILE YOUR COMPUTER RESTART. NOW IT SHOULD START FROM A DRIVE ,,,,,,, NOW LAUGH HEHEHEHE. YOUR COMPUTER IS GOING TO TAKE ABOUT A MINUTE TO COME TO A POINT WHERE YOU CAN OPEN UP THE FILE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM WEB WHICH IS EDITDOTCOM.
    In Edit.com, go to open, then search in C:\Windows and find WIN.INI.
    Open it.
    Scroll down through the WIN.INI file and find a section that starts
    off:
    [Foolproof]. Delete that entire section. This is the code that makes
    Foolproof open
    every time you boot windows. By deleting it, you are preventing
    Foolproof from opening.
    MAKE SURE TO SAVE THE WIN.INI FILE BEFORE EXITING!

From here you are free to do whatever you want in Windows. I
    suggest going into C:
    and locating Unfool.exe. It is Foolproof's uninstall program.

I APPRICIATE YOUR GUTZ ATLEAST YU HAVE SOMETHING IN YOU THAT CRAWLS IN YOUR TUMMY AND MAKE YOU CURIOUS TO ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THAT AND I AM GLAD YOU DIDN'T CHOOSE TO KISS ASSES LIKE SOME OTHER MEMBERS DO HERE.
    BUT TAKE MY ADVICE DON'T DO THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE IN SCHOOL AND YOU HAVE A LOT OF LIFE AT FRONT OF YOU BECAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO OVER RIDE SYS ADM ASS, TAKE IT FOR GRANTED THAT HIS LAME ASS EGO IS NOT GOING TO LIKE IT BECAUSE HE THINKZ HE IS KOOL CUZ HE IS SYS ADM AND TO MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD HE IS GOING TO KICK YAAR BOOTY REALLY HARD. YOU COULD GET INTO BIG TROUBLE BUDY. JUST TRY TO READ ABOUT COMPUTERS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND YOU WILL ACHIVE AND DON'T WORRY IF YU GETS BAN HERE JUST BECAUSE YOU JUST DIDN'T READ FAQ,SS AND ACCIDENTLY ASK A QUESTION YOU SHOULDN'T ASK. YOU BET YOU ARE GOING TO GET NEGG TO DEATH BY SOME LAMERZ WHO THINKS THAT THEY BORN WITH AN C PROGRAMMING IN THEIR ASS AND TCP/IP BLACKBOOKS INTO THEIR HANDZ. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEIR REMARKS AND FOLLOW YOUR SPIRIT YOU WILL FIND THE WAY.
    I THINK THIS IS MY LAST POST HERE AND I CAN EVEN SEE FLAME MAIL OH HERE IT IS COMEZ.
    ]|
    ]|__/\[K 7hU/\/D3R