Thread: New Worm....Hiding Behind a Game

Unhappy New Worm....Hiding Behind a Game

Hey Everyone,
    I just read this really interesting article.......here is a bit of it..........

Tricky Windows worm poses as game
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A new email-aware worm, Bibrog-B, poses as a computer game in an attempt to dupe users.

The worm, which is spreading (modestly) by email and through file sharing networks, is more subtle and devious than most Windows worms. Its payload contains not just malicious code but a shooting game too.

When users infect themselves via a virus they might notice something is wrong with their PC. The game component of Bibrog-B masks its true purposes.

While the shooting game is running, the worm is copying itself across the user's hard drive and preparing to forward itself to all contacts in the Outlook address book, or via file-sharing networks.

In a particularly devious twist the worm makes changes to an infected user's Internet browser so that it can display fake versions of genuine Web sites such as Hotmail, Citibank, MSN and Yahoo. Security firms believe this is an attempt to steal usernames and passwords.

"Many people assume a virus that destroys data is as bad as it gets. However, a virus which can swipe confidential details such as account information is a much greater potential danger," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos Anti-Virus.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember the name of this "Game" and spread the newz to all other faithful gamers you know who might be tempted to try this new "Game"
    GGRRRRR!!!!!!!!

at least with that old game that spread SubSeven or BO or NetBus...I can't remember which, you actually got to play the game!!! And, I must admit, it was fun...Smack a Gopher or something like that, if memory serves.
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

LOL I remember that game! It would infect you with NetBus, that's actually where I learned about it. Heheh, I remember being infected with that thing, oh so old school! It was a fun little game, I wonder if anyone has a copy of it without the NetBus trojan?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Yup, I remember, Its called : WhackAMole

Also posted here by Nizead

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

It's weird how stuff like that happens. I never even saw Nizead post about that. Hehehe, but that has happened a lot I've seen. People make two or three threads about the same thing, sometimes even within a few hours of each other. I wonder if so much is going on sometimes they kind of get "skipped" on the main page for a lot of people?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]