Thread: OMG, WTF?!? dynip??

Arrow OMG, WTF?!? dynip??

I use dynip.com, so that I can host a website/other servers here with out having to get a IP address. this was working fine until about 4 minutes ago, now my dynip stopped working. No big deal normally, just check the service. Well service is ok,cept it cant reach its server (www.dynip.com) now even if the server is off line for WAHTEVER reason, I should be able to ping its address and it should respond with Request timed out, yes?
    well, its like it disappeared off the face of every DNS record out there because I get unknown host www.dynip.com.
    Google can find where the page was, www.dynip.com, but the when you click the link, it just times out... what could make a entire domain disappear?

Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Banned
    I don't know if the problem still exists for you, but it works fine for me right now...

Apparently a large company such as dynip has absolutely no redundancy, which really REALLY surprises me... this from thier support:

There was an intermittent connection issue that was discovered and steps
    have been taken to correct the proplem.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards, Mark

ah well... I just was under the assumption there would be multiple connections to a company providing a service that so many users depend on to stay operational.

Thanks Negative, works here too....
    Remember -

ive been using dynip for three years with no problems. im compleatly impressed with them. when i call them with a question i get an immediant response with no sales pitch. this is the first time ive heard of a problem with them although it hasnt seemed to affect me.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

same here, love the service, this was the first outage Ive had ever. I was afraid they went belly up without telling anyone. but very strange sucha service be out. Ah well, guess everyones entitled to some down time lol.... sure scared me though, all my servers were offline and I thought Id have to end up breaking down and getting a static.
    Remember -