Thread: Swedish Superprocessor

Swedish Superprocessor

If it was not for the price would this be the perfect upgrade for my Folding@home machine .

It's not the real truth, to take advantage of this superprocessor must the application be written in a language similiar to C, but this processor may be interesting for scientists who writes their own applications (and other supercomputer users aswell).

Source: Mitrion

Mitrion is a superprocessor that is adaptable to its application. A Mitrion can easily be used as an extra processor in an ordinary PC, increasing computing performance 10 to 20 times compared to the fastest PC processors available.
    Source: Benchmark

Image Deblurring: This application was implemented by Mitrion AB to showcase the potential of the Mitrion processor. A classic image deblurring algorithm was used, which removes linear motion blur from a picture.

Fastest PC processor (Pentium 4, 3.06 GHz) processing time: 0.422 seconds
    Mitrion processing time: 0.019 seconds

Speed increase: 22 x
    ~micael

Pretty kewl, too bad all the extra articles written about the chip are all in swedish and I can't get a good translation, bummer, guess I should learn swedish, heh heh. Off to google for Mitrion. . .

Arrrrrgh, no joy, if anybody else has any other info, I'd like to see it!
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I can give you a rough translation of the articles since I do speak a little bit swedish. But the articles did not tell much interesting facts, if you would like more information in english then why not send them a mail and ask for it ? .