Thread: My final thoughts.

Banned

My final thoughts.

Well here it is. My final thoughts on AO, Anti-Points, and 95% of the users of this forum.

For the last couple of months I have posted only my personal opinions on these forums. Why? Because of Anti-Points. Unless AntiOnline has become a communist, elitist society of halfbrain idiots, Anti-Ponts have no place in a discussion forum.

Let us examine the meaning of the word Forum

Main Entry: fo·rum
    Pronunciation: 'fOr-&m, 'for-
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural forums also fo·ra /-&/
    Etymology: Latin; akin to Latin foris outside, fores door -- more at DOOR
    Date: 15th century
    1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

Let us now take a look at catagories B & C:

1 - B: a public meeting place for open discussion. - I don't see anything about censorship, do you?
    1 - C: a medium of open discussion or expression of ideas. - Again I don't see anything pertaining to censorship, status, or any defined rules of what is considered "expression."

Now lets look at antipoints in a more abstract view.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Antipoints do nothing to promote "good" or relevant discussion, but rather just the contrary. Antipoints serve as nothing more than a vehicle for anonymous persons to flame, disregard, censor, belittle, and force one's self rightious opinion on others. Antipoints since their inception have been historically abused, and the many flaws been brought to light over and over again. Only to be "negged" into submission by the masses who label it with blanket statments such as "Antipoint Bitching".

I cannot count how many times I have received negative antipoints for valid, factual information I have posted. Only because the spinless coward on the other end of the connection has a grudge against me. Another good point of discussion is that a member with *more* antipoints yields a bigger sword so to speak. So if 1 member does not like a member with less "status" as him/her self, they can easily bring that person to the brink of being banned.

Does this sound like a system that works to you?

Antipoints have no accountability. They only server the miniscule ego's of the bottom dwellers who resort to anonymous biggotry. News flash dickheads! Wait until someones says something you don't like in REAL LIFE. What are you going to do then? Many of you need to accept that your opinion and beliefs are not universal.

The state of AntiOnline
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I have been a follower of AntiOnline for many, many years. Back in the days when JP ran if from the servers at Pit. Edu. I have been a forum member from it's beginning, and ever since. Back in the days when talented people would post relevant information and discussions. There were no antipoints, and everyone got along fine. Yes there were flames, but people toughend up and dealt with it. They didn't click the anonymous insult button titled "antipoints".

Now days I see the topics and posts in the forums and wonder where it all went wrong. Now we have a bunch of talentless hacks, posting the most god awful bullshit. Never have I seen more plagurism, cut-n-paste, and "tutorials" they hand typed out of page 15 of Visual Basic for dummys. It makes me sick to think many of you worthless pukes call yourself industry professionals. You will NEVER be a professional, you do nothing more than give our fine profession a black eye, when you parrot back gigabites of misinformation, and incorrect asumptions.

One last thought
    -------------------------------------------------------------

To all the moronic peices of **** who continue to think I am "bitching" about antipoints, you are the most ignorant, blind, ****ing bunch of twats I have ever had the displeasure of not knowing. In case you didn't know....I have NEVER bitched about antipoints, but rather I have been LAUGHING AT THEM. And LAUGHING at the hordes of spinless pussys using them to make their point, since they cannot fathom an origional thought in public.

To every person here who assigns Antipoints. A BIG **** YOU TO YOU! I HOPE NONE OF YOU USELESS PEICES OF EXCREMENT NERVER BREED. YOU MAKE ME DRY HEAVE THE THINK THERE IS SO MUCH STUPIDITY CLICKETY CLACKING AWAY AT THE KEYBOARD. YOU'RE PARENTS SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU FOR THE BETTER OF MANKIND, AND TO SOME, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED WHILE YOU WERE STILL IN LIQUID FORM.

Peace out *******s.

GOD BLESS THE USA!

AMEN
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

um....[Post removed]
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well,

I like to say directly what's on my mind....
    The same thing happened when souleman did post his thread '2000 posts'.
    Here also Quad says he doesn't care about AP's, and yet there still people are giving AP's to him ( positives, negs, doesn't matter). Yes , I've bitched at Quad too, even today, but just said what I thought...
    From one side I don't agree with his attitude , but on the other hand I'll have to agree his vision about thoughening and about bitching in the real world.

Well, just my 2 cents,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Thought Provokeing post, unfrotunatly it intergrity was bought down by
    and what you say is true, but all systems have there flaws

To every person here who assigns Antipoints. A BIG **** YOU TO YOU! I HOPE NONE OF YOU USELESS PEICES OF EXCREMENT NERVER BREED. YOU MAKE ME DRY HEAVE THE THINK THERE IS SO MUCH STUPIDITY CLICKETY CLACKING AWAY AT THE KEYBOARD. YOU'RE PARENTS SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU FOR THE BETTER OF MANKIND, AND TO SOME, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED WHILE YOU WERE STILL IN LIQUID FORM.
    Thanks
    Wispy

As scared as many would be to post something of this nature, I have to applaud Quad for standing up for what he believes in, albeit being unpopular with many, many people. From the time I have known Quad, he will say what's on his mind, will give you his opinion, and will not back down.

That's the whole point. AntiOnline is about that.... telling it like it is and not backing down.

JP was unpopular with a lot of people, especially the crackers that were being exposed, taken apart and exploited for industry professionals and end-users alike to take control of their networks and better secure themselves. I used to love to come on everyday (before it became an interactive community) and visit Eye On The Underground, The MailBag, Intrusion Attempts and what they meant, docs, source code, history and hacker profiling. I learned a lot from AntiOnline and that's what made me stay despite the other features that were added later (like AntiPoints).

I am hoping and waiting for the madness to die down with JupMedia's takeover, and am further hoping this site will keep true to JP's original vision to expose hackers, patch weaknesses, and show the world we should not be afraid of what others think. I am sorry, but AntiPoints do not accomplish that goal.

Cool post dude but it seems to me you need to take a little you time, , and not
    let all the BS get to ya. The type of people that gotta get off on givin' APs just based
    a persons opinion, got no life and can't get laid anyway. So just take serenity in that fact. Anyone that thinks APs are gonna get them anywhere in life needs to be committed to a mental institution anyway. But i'd better ease up before a get APs taken away. Ohhh dear God NO!!! Nice post nonetheless. Peace out

lol, it's not about a nice post or a bad post.
    This is a strong opinion, and i agree with every letter, okay maybe not the swears
    But i've had the same belief from the day i signed up : Antipoints suck.
    They hold back opinion.
    If you think it controls discussion, i dont think suiciding a thread is that easy, and if someone is giving enough problems, moderators are open to ban that person anyway.
    Also, i only dont agree with that fact that the people here are not professional and knowledgeable, yes the tutorial's forum is all full tweaked write-ups, agreed.
    But we have still got people here who know what the hell they are doing, so that's not the case. But yes. once again, and in big bold letters : "I dont care about Antipoints either".
    And not, because i dont have them, but because i dont care about posting goody-goody posts to get them.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

To all the moronic peices of **** who continue to think I am "bitching" about antipoints, you are the most ignorant, blind, ****ing bunch of twats I have ever had the displeasure of not knowing. In case you didn't know....I have NEVER bitched about antipoints, but rather I have been LAUGHING AT THEM. And LAUGHING at the hordes of spinless pussys using them to make their point, since they cannot fathom an origional thought in public.

Is it really all that important whether you were 'bitching' or not? It was just constant, ****ing, post after ****ing post about negs you got. Here's the message you presented: 'people, ap's don't matter, you're stupid for giving them, and you're a pussy for not putting your name on them'. I'm sure many people got that after your first post on the subject. But so many posts on antipoints? Why get so hung up about them. You said it yourself, they don't mean jack ****.

This is website for ****s sake. No one forces you to come here. You could have started some decent threads, it's obvious that you know stuff about computers. But instead you just post **** about antipoints.

I voted to get rid of APs when that poll came up, because the pros simply do not outweigh the cons, especially if you have a bunch of decent moderators. And your points about censorship are right on the money. But while they're still here, people will have to deal with them. The same way people have to deal with ops on IRC kickbanning them.

Sometimes opinions hurt.

Quad, and to everyone else in this thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you do make a very good point, despite your colorful enterpretation.

This is why freedom of speech is so protected in a democratic nation like the USA and Canada. (I really hope there are others) This is the only reason I am responding to this thread. I cringe when I have to hear language like you used to express your feelings.

As a boy my Father would literally beat the sh*t out of me if he even thought I would use such profanity, not because he was a prude, or ultra religious, but because he did not want anyone around him to be "forced" into having to endure "anything" they do not wish to endure.

My Father was a freedom fighter of the first degree, he fought for our freedoms and our "way of living" in the Phillipean Islands, Okinawa, and Japan. He was involved in the "clean-up" of Japan. I am sure the carnage, and the reactions, of the families of the people we vaporized with a nuclear bomb back then stayed with him until the day he died. His cousin, possibly his best friend, was one of the physicists who worked on the government project that developed that insanely massive overkill of destrutive power. My Father, was in the military intelligence team charged with the glorious task of assessing the damage, damage that is still killing people today! His cousin went totally insane a few years after we unleashed his hard work on our enemy. He (dad's cousin) bought an old car for 20 dollars, and drove it off a cliff, back in the 1950s.

Sorry for the horror story people, I am simply trying to tactfully get to my point, without hurting peoples feelings, or spouting colorful metaphores. Bear with me for just a bit longer and I will attempt to conclude this diplomatically.

This is not at all about APs, this is about presentation and positive (or negative in some cases) reinforcement. In the case of the AP system, it is a visual representation, of how this community approves of each content contributor. Be it positive, or negative. At a glance, you can see how a member stands in this community of professional "nit-pickers" and perfectionists. I understand that many people have many different ways of expressing themselves. If you go back and read some of the flamewar threads I involved myself in, and others to their dismay. I came very close to getting banned, not because I didn't contribute useful information, or false and misleading information, but on how I expressed myself when I "knew" I was right, and sincere about something. Usually, I was real proud of how I solved a problem, or helped a newbie through a problem, only to get an AP assignment with some rude comment. I even got one comment that dissed me for supporting the efforts of a person whose ethnic backround was not accepted due to his poor English and spelling.

I suppose the moral (or point) of my long, and boring story, can be summed up with an old saying that goes something like, "You can attract alot more ants to honey than you can to salt.

When I finally realised this, I stopped getting negs and nasty rude comments. And I can garrantee I will get some rude or otherwise thoughtless reaction to my contribution in this thread, but I say "so be it!" and turn the other cheek, for I will get back ten times the praise for every "dis" they can deliver.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...

I hope I presented this opinion without making anybody mad. If I did I will apologize now. Cheers... and Peace Out, as I have heard some say lately.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?