Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merged: help i've been hacked!!!

Angry help i've been hacked!!!

hey, i just found this forum. i believe someone hacked into my system. someone is getting access to my customers information (i mean credit cards and banking accounts) and continue to buy stuff from my store. i'm losing customers and i think i'm just going to shut down. how are they doing this and why? and how can i stop this?
    john

People are going to need a little more information to help you on this.

First what OS are you using
    do you have a firewall
    what services are you running

things like that. Whatever you can think to tell us about your network
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Yeah man, what OS are you running Windows 98, XP, 2000, Linux, Mac etc
    What do you run on your computer, any messengers, P2P programs etc.
    and lastly do you have a firewall such as Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm etc.

Also if you do have a firewall look at the security logs and find out what connects to your computer and when.

We need that info before we can help you any.
    =

Wink enjoy

go to :
    www.hackerthreads.org
    www.hackology.com
    and read more about hacking and there are sections like Free Education ( just for newbies but at first time u can learn basic things about pcs and Internet)
    P.S and... at first u can downwload and isntall a kind of firewall... maybe it can helps u somehow :>
    better install a new OS like BSD or Linux !

If your running some kind of business from your computer and it was hacked, you may want to contact the police, so that they can do a thorough forensic investigation. Don't try to do this kind of stuff yourself if you don't have expertise in computer forensics, as you could destroy evidence or lose/alter volitile information. There may be evidence that could lead back to your attacker, you wouldn't want to lose that would you? Let a pro handle something like that, That's your best bet.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

reply to you all

thanks for the caring guys. i'm using windows 98. somehow they're getting informaiton about everything. they know usernames, credit cards, and even my hotmail account with my personal information! i thought that it was impossible to get into someone's email what type of sick person wants to read stuff that i might get from my friends? i upload a lot of information with ftp and some through my control panel. please help me.
    john

help i've been hacked 2!!!

thanks for the caring guys. i'm using windows 98. somehow they're getting informaiton about everything. they know usernames, credit cards, and even my hotmail account with my personal information! i thought that it was impossible to get into someone's email what type of sick person wants to read stuff that i might get from my friends? i upload a lot of information with ftp and some through my control panel. please help me.
    john

First thing. When you do reply you usually reply in your orginal post. Also I need to know if you are using a firewall?

Do you have anything running in background that acceses the internet?
    =

Need to know about any firewalls you have if you have one.?
    =