Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did they do this?

Question How did they do this?

I was at some site looking around and it said click here for an awsome cupholder or something like that and somehow they opened my CD-ROM drive. I was wondering how they could be able to do that because I've never seen anything like it.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

this was on a website, correct? i mean, you didn't download a program in the process, right? because i know that it is possible in c. did you look at the source, or at least the file extension? like, was it done in php, or what? so many question marks in my post...now i'm curious too as to how they accomplished this. please give a little more info.
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

Here is the script that i found that i think is what did it could someone maybe explain.

<html>

<head>
    <title>Free Cup Holder</title>
    <script LANGUAGE="VBScript">
    <!--
    MsgBox "Click here to recieve a free cup holder",64,"Your free Cup holder"
    Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
    Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection
    if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
    For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
    colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
    Next ' cdrom
    End If
    -->

Thanks

Try scanning your system maybe trojan programs had cause to open your CD drive and just a coincidence of clicking the site and the opening of your CD-ROM drive, some trojans also disguised to use sites and any method of penetrating the system. You can also use tools like ZoneAlarm to protect you from invaders.

show us the address

kilerboots.

Maybe im wrong if trojans hits your pc, i've seen your code posted and it need some modification, and it works. And could you please include the url or what sites did you get in.? May be its another exploits you've found.

yippee! now i understand...that would be Microsoft's Component Object Module technology. M$ has defined every function and attribute of some of it's applications with methods and properties, that can be accessed with any programming language. The main purpose of it, however, was for use with VB. Don't worry, you don't have a virus or trojan, lol.

my analysis (btw, i don't really know vbs, this is just my interpretation)

Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )

Creates an object of windows media player

Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection

creates a property of a cd, as though you just inserted a cd into your cd-drive

if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
    For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
    colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
    Next ' cdrom
    End If

i believe the purpose of the loop is in case you have multiple cd drives, so it'll open all of them.

hope i helped and thanks for the code, it's really very interesting.
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

well well i think 1 year ago a friend of my received a file in yahoo chat room which caused similler problem and i am sure it wasn't trojan it was that script can u post that url plz

yup. if you post the url many people can look at it in much more detail.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Well i knew it wasn't a trojan i just never seen anything like it, but here is the url but be aware that you CD-ROM drive will open.
    http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/cupholder.htm